REAL music critics...

konyaku

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2004
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=OPETH&uid=MIDMR0410031909&sql=11:7e6ompnf9ffo~T2

if the link doesn't work, just go to www.allmusic.com and type in Opeth in the search, then to the discography section...

Now i know there are many views, opinions, different tastes....so on in music, but i really think that Opeth deserves at LEAST one FIVE star rating on one of their albums... dun u guys think? I know these critics look at EVERY aspect of the music but still, im not just saying this because im a fan. Even if i weren't into metal, but still understood musical context and composisions, i would definately be amazed at what opeth are capable of.

Actually, those critics adore Opeth. But 5 stars shouldn't be doled out so easily. Those ratings are saved for the classics, i.e. the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Master of Puppets. Doesn't mean the next album couldn't live up to it though.

LOL :tickled: Apparently Still Life and MAYH are good enough to be at the level of "Britney" and "Spice World," Morningrise is on track with *NSYNC's "No Strings Attached," but Orchid still falls bellow "... Baby One More Time" and Hilary Duff's "Metamorphosis." :Spin: Critics are funneh...

hahaha, i love how people get so fucking bent over OTHER people's OPINIONS on music. i don't give a shit if half the world's population hates it..if it's good, i like it, and if other people critisize it, my enjoyment remains.

4 and 1/2 stars is a pretty good rating by AMG's standards...they're usually kinda picky. However, 3 stars for Orchid? wow...for a debut that strong, it deserves at least a 4 imo.

what the fuck .. lets feel better about ourselves because a type of music we like gets a high rating ... who gives a fuck, it's what you like so it's already rated pretty high by the most important listener in your life. If it was your band it would maybe be different

"This tactic only serves to spotlight the quality of Akerfeldt's lyrics (a rarity in extreme metal circles) and, in the tradition of prior efforts, Still Life is a full-fledged concept album, which, without going into unnecessary details,"

Why are you complaining those reviews are awesome, especially from a non-metal place. I think they appreciate what tallent the band has, and the reviews are realistic.

^^ maybe, if he likes both. maybe KoichCPA writes their Opeth and NSync reviews?

I like how the Orchid reviewer said something about all the intricate pianos on the album. WHERE the fuck are they?

Silhouette. Which I think is overrated in terms of skill. I mean, ok the track is nice but its by no means awesome playing. I'm sure Phish has done better, and I don't even like Phish that much.

i think reviews are useful, for people who don't know which album to buy first, who have never listened to the band...i do however think that reviews are kind of useless in a sense, because really, everything sounds different and has different significance to everyone. I very well may love deliverance and hate my arms your hearse, and someone could think the exact opposite (this isn't how i personally feel). regardless, make your own opinions of the music.

I'm assuming that all they have up are positive reviews, they don't seem to put the negative ones. I searched for 50 cent and they gave "get rich or die tryin" 4 1/2 .. these guys rule.