Real time or turned-based?

Which one?

• Real-time

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Turned-based

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Real time.

The only reason I like Legend Of Zelda better than Final Fantasy or Golden Sun is because you can battle enemies without getting pulled into a battle screen, and there aren't any goddamn random battles. (Yes, technically the Legend Of Zelda series is in real time.) I don't like turn based combat. It's just too boring, and it doesn't have the feel of real fighting. :D

Hell, if most of you are still unsure, play all of the forms. I don't believe one beats the other in terms of what the game is. WarCraft excels at RTS, Command and Conquer, Dune on the Gensis, Megadrive, was thought by many to be one of the first RTSs. Real time, is "Action/ Adventure", which Zelda, Diablo, Seiken Densetsu, Alundra, Landstalker, all perfected (Super Famicom, PC, PS1, Megadrive.) so pick those up or find those if you're interested. Turn Based makes up the rest, Dragon Quest, FF, Chrono Triggger, Lufia, Tales of Phantasia, Breath of Fire, Treasure Hunter G, etc for all. And strategy? There's some titles such as Bahamut Lagoon (SF) the Front Mission series (SF, PS1), Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre which were great just for example. It all depends on what you favor. Hopefully, I've given you some kind of thought. ;)

turn-based is real strategy....real-time is action-strategy i think...

In RPGs I like turn-based, but we're talking about strategy games. I much prefer RTSs, like C&C and Rise of Nations.

Except in RPG games. I like to be able to think when I'm casting a spell or something, although KotOR's combat system fucking owned, sort of a combination of turn based and real-time.

I hate TBS games though. I like to turtle and build huge base and then laugh at my opponent's crappy attempts to get me.

Some turn-based RPGs are good, like Fallout, which rocks.

However, i'm more of a fan of real-time RPGs, like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Torment.

turn based like the 'might and magic' and also the 'heroes of might and magic' series are great. Baldur's gate 1 and 2 for PC (not the horrible playstation version) have both realtime and turn based. I also think that Baldur's Gate 2 is probably the best game ever made.

I like real time, because I don't have the patience to wait for turns. :)