Mac vs PC

Mac or PC?

• Total voters
Jul 14, 2008
Decatur, IL
Which do you prefer? I'm a diehard Mac user, but I know not everyone is. Some of you may want more gaming (and viruses lulz). But seriously, which and why?

in before all the pretentious Mac users

I have a 5 yr old Dell laptop

Anyone else find it funny that a Mac is a personal computer?

That is mildly humorous. I actually don't see why they're not both called personal computers. And I'm a pretentious Mac user, but hopefully we don't get those really prick type Mac fans. That annoys me as well.

in before all the pretentious Mac users

I have owned a MacBook Pro, now running Leopard, for two years and have had nothing less than a satisfactory experience, superior to that of my previous Windows XP on a Gateway desktop.

I can only argue anecdotally. If you want relentless bigotry ask my roommate.

I've always stuck with PCs mainly because a lot of the software I've needed for academic/work purposes simply hasn't been available for Macs (unless I wanted to try running parallels or something). My sister's background is in graphic/digital arts and she swears by Macs, so I guess it's a matter of what you need. I keep saying that one of these days I'll buckle down and get acquainted with Linux.

i use a pc right now, but i'm not particular. i want whatever gets the job done for a decent price
~gR~

I've never really used a Mac so I can't really compare.

But I've had my PC for about five years now and it still works excellent. My only problem with viruses happened when I first got internet hooked up because my comp came with Norton anti-virus which, as many people know, is completely useless! And one time my hard drive failed so I had to get it replaced, but I had it covered under warranty so it wasn't a problem.

I'm a diehard Windows supporter. I just prefer the GUI, really. I also dislike the attitudes of a lot of Mac people I know on and offline...but that doesn't really affect my opinion on what I want to use. I find designing easier on a Mac with a lot of RAM (2+ gigs is good), but I am comfortable designing on both platforms tbh. The main thing about Mac's GUI that I hate when designing is if you have a lot of shit open I haven't found a good enough way of organizing everything really.

I voted Mac just to fuck with the results. I hate everything about Apple, from its gay looking computers, to its hipster trendy ads, to the ubiquitous Ipods. Apple fucking sucks.

macvpc.jpg

Yeah...compare gaming. Because that's the one thing a PC has over a Mac. That's probably because if you buy a Mac you're not going to use it to play games, but for it's computing power... We all know that NASA uses Macs because they are amazing gaming computers.

EDIT: I also find it astonishing that a bunch of metal heads, who probably play and record music, would want a PC. Macs are the absolute best for music/video.