Main differences between MAC vs PC

Yes.. Timz was in Danger Danger.

He used to play a Kramer holoflash guitar.

Kramer from Seinfeld likes Kenny Rogers chicken...

Kenny Rogers uses MAC's.

See what I'm saying?

Matt Crooks said:
As long as you keep your PC clean it can serve you just fine.

I agree! My previous 3 years old "studio" PC still works really well, because it's been connected to the net just once for a few minutes and its only been used for recording/mixing. Can't say the same thing about the other pc:s at my work & home...

The great thing about this Mac is that I don't have to worry about viruses and shit anymore... I can use this computer for everything. :)

everybody's x said:
Satch played for the Greg Kihn band

And jaguars are notorious for bad electrical systems and bursting into flames, of course so are macs :p

And pintos, so, yeah I guess you solved the mac vs. pc debate right there
mac laptops, in a particular production that used a certain battery type were recalled because the battery turned out to be prone to catching on fire.. the battery. more recently a bunch of Dell laptops had to be recalled for the same reason.... so no, you didn't settle anything.

Fords only suck when they are exsports on other countries. I still like Dodge more but my past 3 cars were fords and they were dependable and not horrible to work on. Actually I forked out only $800 for my last car (ford tempo) and it lasted 4 years never had any major work needed and always started even when I let it sit out for a winter - still started.

kaomao said:
What's the problem?
you know that most of the best guitarrist come from hard rock bands.
Yep maybe you don't like danger danger but damned Andy Timmons is a monster, great guitarrist.

No problem at it its just getting harder to take the same old arguement seriously. Can we all record music? Are we happy with how we do it? Computers are a means to an end. As long as it works theres no right or wrong. Timmons is a great guitarist and has done loads of work since Danger Danger but come on a have listen to em theyre worth taking the piss out of.

elmuchoescadawg said:
No problem at it its just getting harder to take the same old arguement seriously. Can we all record music? Are we happy with how we do it? Computers are a means to an end. As long as it works theres no right or wrong. Timmons is a great guitarist and has done loads of work since Danger Danger but come on a have listen to em theyre worth taking the piss out of.

Listen just to his solo carrier, I know what you mean about danger danger, they were a another bonjovi-like band, I liked both, but bonjovi is a thousand times better.

flhctroll said:
Is it really though?

Cars are almost entirely mechanical devices, while modern computers don't necessarily have any mechanical parts now with Flash HDDs and memory sticks, instead of the ancient platter-based HDDs, and CD/DVD-drives. You can even run a lot of modern mid-spec CPUs on passive cooling, or any modern CPUs on water cooling, so not even the cooling needs mechanical parts (which break, period.), and you don't need a high-spec GPU for a recording machine, and those lower spec 2D-targeted GPUs run very well on passive cooling.

So, I would not compare computers to cars in any way.

b.jpg

Im thinking of buying a Macbook, but I dont have alot of money. Would it be much of a difference between the 1,83ghz and the 2,0ghz version? besides that the 1,83 dont have dvd burning.. Both with 1gb RAM btw.
Im mainly going to record guitars and bass, DFDS for drums and no vocals. Im not going to use alot of plug ins.. Anyway, to you think Ill be regretting not putting in the 200$ extra?