Mac vs PC

Mac or PC?

• Total voters
*sigh*/*facepalm*

I didn't "manhandle" the mouse. I used it for click-intensive design and drawing work in both Illustrator and Photoshop last semester (last fall, for both Comp Art and Digital Imaging classes), and if you miss the INVISIBLE CLICKING POINT on either side accidentally, your shit just gets totally screwed; this is such an unnecessary feature...why couldn't they just make a normal mouse with clearly delineated buttons? It fucking sucks, end of story.

You can turn those buttons off you know. Very simple problem to fix.

I've never understood why people call Macs such and everything else is a PC, a Mac is still a PC.

I reckon I'm alone in running Linux.

I've used Linux before, and it was nice from what I remember.

But I generally enjoy windows the most.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

On this forum maybe, but I know alot of people who hate windows.

Computer Science is all about people being awesomely elitist, about everything from operating systems, to graphic cards.

Srsly, people like linux.
i don't though.

Oh I know people use Linux elsewhere, I meant this forum.

I converted a lot of my friends to Linux.

My computers are everything but elite, but they work the way I make them.. Most people would be lost getting on my machine.

Tbh, from what I can tell, linux is good if you understand command line, because the makes it quite useful, but if you don't, it's basically the same as a windows OS.
Minus the fact that the operating system works seperately from the desktop GUI display.

You can turn off specific buttons you don't want. Right now I only have left and right click on. You can pick and choose, therefore not rendering your mouse non-functional...

You misunderstood my qualms I think. I dislike the mouse itself. The buttons. I don't like that there is no visible delineation of what you must click to "click" the left/right buttons, because Mac likes to be stupidly "innovative" by making totally ridiculous things like that. Like I said, I wasn't "manhandling" it...quite the opposite really, what I tended to do was very precise pen work in Illustrator and precise lassoing in PS to isolate parts of images or draw things. The mouse was not very precise for these things, which seemed contrary to what it should even do basically, and missing where you have to click to actually CLICK THE MOUSE caused a lot of frustration sometimes. The scroll wheel is also just total shit. 4-way scroll can be useful, but not when it's that small and irritating. Trust me, I've done a lot of work with it. Hated it. End of story.

I'm glad you think so. Go back to talking about slam so you can renew the faith I once had in you.

edit: also, I am only really critical because this is the stuff I plan on doing for work when I get out of college, and I hate the misconceptions and stupid attitudes.

In all reality it just depends on what you need a computer for, how much you can spend, and what you prefer. But debating is still fun-there's legitimate arguments for both sides and it will never be resolved...