real vs kemper part2: 6505+ including profile

Yep that was quite easy to tell. I'd made up my mind totally before I saw the end result actually, which is usually rare for these sorts of A/B tests. Far less definition in clip A for me. Similar sort of graininess on part I. Thanks for the comparison dude

Yes, I honestly think it's easy to tell.
I refined the profile using the Schecter, I used another guitar before but that profile was worse than this one.

Maybe I should research a bit more on how to create the best profiles with refining and record the best working DI track for refining, so I can use it all the time.

I think the biggest difference is that on the Kemper profile it sounds like there is more distortion than on the real amp, takes away from the definition a bit. Other than that I think it's actually really close.

From all the clips I've watched the accuracy of the profiling really seems to vary from person to person, some clips are almost indistinguishable from the original and some are way off. There must be something that people are doing in the refining process that gives them superior results compared to others.

The 6505 is definitely much closer compared to your Mark V though, so you must be getting better at it!

I think the biggest difference is that on the Kemper profile it sounds like there is more distortion than on the real amp, takes away from the definition a bit. Other than that I think it's actually really close.

From all the clips I've watched the accuracy of the profiling really seems to vary from person to person, some clips are almost indistinguishable from the original and some are way off. There must be something that people are doing in the refining process that gives them superior results compared to others.

The 6505 is definitely much closer compared to your Mark V though, so you must be getting better at it!

A late reply, but I'm not sure, I experimented with the refining for a while now and I'm not really getting much closer. I think another factor is just the way you mic it, it feels like when I mic more bright (towards the middle) it can get harder to get an accurate profile that doesn't take away too much bass and doesn't change the treble too much (like making it sound more digital). We'll see what the future brings, but I'd like to be just a little bit closer to the real thing.