Real young folks - pop-punk/metal

Folkrav

Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu
Dec 4, 2009
Montreal, QC
ctastudios.co.cc
The band is We Own The Town, they were actually really young, all aroung 15-16 if I'm not wrong. The youngest was the singer girl, who just turned 14 a month ago. Honestly, their age shows a bit through their music. But I kind of enjoy some of the songs, even if I'm always like "I know I heard this part in another song" :p

The girl singer had some trouble just learning the couple of harmonies we made up on the spot (they had none at all figured out), so I couldn't really change too much things cause it would have taken every minute we had to record - limited budget + limited time (they were going back to high school the week after :p), so the vocal lines are pretty repetitive.

The screamer had a pretty weak fry scream (he even had trouble getting enough heat in it to actually sound like a scream) and he couldn't hold his "throathy" low scream more than a second or two, so I really don't enjoy the screams on this record...

At the beginning, they asked me for a AA/Woe Is Me sound, but I drifted from their initial idea by keeping the glitchy / synth (I so wish I've had more time to spend on this part of the production...).

Anyway, enough of the talk, here's the song.

http://i.min.us/i3XF6YCrGRcnN.mp3

I hated when the first breakdown came in, like I wish they went into a really powerful emotional chorus there. Also I felt like they should've ended the song before the whole end breakdown part.
But it's impressive for kids that age definitely.
The girl is really talented especially, with some maturing she'll be fantastic.

Yeah IMO the age shows in their songwriting - but heh! As I said, had really no time for any rewriting / rearrangements of the songs structures, I had to keep it simple and only produce around they had already (I mean adding/removing/modifying layers and such things).

Bump, too.