Realistic fast tremolo MIDI bass part programming

Also found this interesting post (in this very interesting thread mentioned before : http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f21/d...-make-fingerstyle-playing-heard-metal-378173/) that supports some stuff some of you guys previously said :

"Old 11-23-2007, 02:23 PM

the secret is to accent the first note heavily. start slow then get faster.

so if lets say you play ring, middle, index, or PMI,

play

P M I P M I P M I P M I P

the triplet sound comes when you play P M I P M I P M I

slow down and get the accents right, then it'll fall into place and work even when you get to mind blistering speeds
"

Note that this is a series of 16th notes using 3 fingers played in the same order, so the accent is switching from one finger to the next when switching from one sequence of 4 16th notes to the next.

So do you imply that "random" would use less samples for the same note/velocity than the "sequential" mode ? What about the "random full cycle" mode ?
I guess the number of samples used are the same, no matter what mode are used. But the ear are very sensitive detecting this (at least mine :D)

If random full cycle works like I think, you can still have the same sample two times in a row. For example, if we use 4 samples, we could get something like [1,4,2,3][3,4,2,1].

No irony but with the statement "I'm not gonna buy a bass and i want to get those fast parts to sound decently realistic." the answer is already given,there's no way to make it sound as a real bass
"people know how to program MIDI drums to sound realistic even for extreme parts, so i guess there should be a way to do the same with fast tremolo bass parts."
That's because everyone is using triggers and the audience is used to that sound,so people add the same samples both on a real drummer and a drum machine.Also many extreme metal recordings are recording with an E-kit
So the "fake" cymbals are common in the audience.
If you want a r e a l bass guitar sound that will make your mix sound huge then a real bass guitar is needed.
Cheers