Really annoying band (RANT INSIDE)

Get someone on here to mix it pro. Show them it. Delete it. Tell them to fuck off. Never work with them again. PROFIT.

I had the same kind of situation as you around here and it's happened to me a few times. I used to do free recordings - AWFUL idea - people take the complete piss when they are tracking, they think they have all the time in the world to waste and that it's 'funny'. Then i started either charging a bucket load per track or charge per hour. ALWAYS charge per hour and rather than do a split fair for recording and mixing/mastering just do a fixed rate that isn't discounted but is in between and fair. Use this pricks comments to drive your determination and take FULL advantage of all the help and free and useful tools on this forum. Oh and NEVER tell anyone about the sneap forums ;) especially not these fucks. Hope that advice helps man!

I'm surprised so many of you don't give out rough mixes. Never had a problem with that here. If the band has paid their balance, why not?

I remember a buddy of mine had his album mixed by GGGarth Richardson and even he gave them a pretty crude rough mix. Most musicians will understand when you tell them the final mix will be much better.

He obviously has seen this thread. Myspace tracks are down. I didn't even get a chance to listen.

Booooo.

Since his cousin is a pro and therefor he knows what he's doing, why would he give a fuck what some guys on a little recording forum say. Snare to the left is pro. So excuse me as I'm going to go remix everything I've done properly with the snare on the left as soon as I can.