Annoying Bands Rant

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Okay.

I've seen AT LEAST 7 of these stupid Facebook things where bands are asking for 'donations' to record.. I'm getting sick of seeing them, and I absolutely know that there is no way the bands are using all of that money for recording..

There was one band who was was trying to raise $5000 dollars for 5 songs.. Really? Somebody is charging a thousand fucking dollars per song for that style of music? There is absolutely no way...

Perhaps if a band wants to afford recording, they can stop spending money on Burger King and SAVE SOME MONEY!

/rant

I think there was a band that orginally did it and garnered some label interest for their stunt and got an album out of it. Monkey see, monkey do.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Thats the state of the music. Everyone trying to be like attack attack or insert any massively popular band. No body wants to take risks, they just want to copy the system that has been tried and true of being successful. Its like this they say something like "if [Insert Band name] got famous doing this, then we should do that and get famous.

Okay.

I've seen AT LEAST 7 of these stupid Facebook things where bands are asking for 'donations' to record.. I'm getting sick of seeing them, and I absolutely know that there is no way the bands are using all of that money for recording..

There was one band who was was trying to raise $5000 dollars for 5 songs.. Really? Somebody is charging a thousand fucking dollars per song for that style of music? There is absolutely no way...

Perhaps if a band wants to afford recording, they can stop spending money on Burger King and SAVE SOME MONEY!

/rant

I agree begging for money is pretty irritating, but $5000 dollars for five songs isn't utopistic at all. I consider myself really cheap, and I charge 145€ per day. Usually, one song takes at least a day to track. That's 145€ for me + 180€ for the studio I track at (that's their lock-out price). For mixing, a day per song, and I usually take two days for the first song to get things just right. That's at least another 145€. Now, if the band can't deduct the VAT, add 23% to the whole sum. We're at 578,1€, which is roughly $790. Think that's expensive? After taxes, obligatory self-employment insurance and expenses I'd probably make more flipping burgers at a McDonalds drive in :loco: