Really, REALLY don't like the sound of this!

Crabmeat

Crustacean Grinds Inc.
Jul 12, 2004
From Flabbermouth:

Dave Mustaine:

If there was a time that I wished you could all be here with me, it would be now. We are playing [in Tokyo, Japan] tonight [Saturday, October 14] with ANTHRAX and Ronnie James Dio, and I think that this maybe the last time that I see the ANTHRAX guys for a while."

I hope that just means he's really busy!

" I don't know what the chances are, but I can tell you that just being able to spend time with the guys from ANTHRAX and seeing Ronnie in the pub at the first hotel we stayed at in Tokyo was a blast. I have had a good chat with Scott Ian and Dan Spitz, and of course you know as a frontman, I had to talk to Joey Belladonna and tell him how much I respect him. I hope that they will make another record."

What, any chance they won't? What does he know that we don't?

This sucks. I know maybe I'm reading too much into this but hell, if we don't hear anything from the band, how are we NOT expected to read between the lines of other people's comments?

This statement was made AFTER the gigantour statement. Would this mean that the guys have said no to this euro tour?
If they had said yes, I'm sure they would be seeing a lot of each other in the run up, to sort out all the legal/logistic problems involved.
This could mean they will be in the studio recording.
Or am I reading WAY to much between the lines.

Crabmeat said:
...I know maybe I'm reading too much into this ...
Yep, I think that's what's happening here. I can see why you'd come to the conclusions you did though.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
He probably means that he's not gonna hang out with Anthrax cause they'll be busy making a record.
Anthrax Mosher is right, I think.
Scott said in the CDC that he had dinner with Mustaine. "All is well. Talked Euro Gigantour next Spring. Hopefully it works out."

Oh, and during the last Band Member Chat, Frankie and Scott kept talking about writing new music. Whenever someone would ask "When are you coming to Colorado?"
Scott said, "We have to write a new record first."

ThraxDude said:
Oh, and during the last Band Member Chat, Frankie and Scott kept talking about writing new music. Whenever someone would ask "When are you coming to Colorado?"
Scott said, "We have to write a new record first."

All I can say is that I'll feel a lot more at ease when I hear them say "the new songs are sounding incredible. Joey's never sounded this good!"

And while I'm at it...
"The fact that John is doing half the record is really pushing both singers to do their best":p (one can dream)

Crabmeat said:
All I can say is that I'll feel a lot more at ease when I hear them say "the new songs are sounding incredible. Joey's never sounded this good!"

And while I'm at it...
"The fact that John is doing half the record is really pushing both singers to do their best":p (one can dream)
I hear ya, It would probably go double platinum if they both sang on it.

Nah! People would bitch about how they've sold out (again), this time by trying to "please everyone".

Whatever........ Personally, I'd love it!

I think Dave means: 1. We are busy and won't see them for a while 2. It would be cool if they made a new record.

I don't there is much more to read into it than that. Of course they will make a record. Even if they don't have a major label behind them you can still make a great sounding record in your basement with the tools that are out their today. Look at the Crossfade record---they recorded a demo in their basement and it sounded so good the label just put out the demo and they did really well with it. (*No I'm not a major Crossfade fan by any means, although "Cold" was great tune)