REALLYYY struggling with this mix now, (SSD LECTO ETC)

haha, sounds sick =D

kick is tail is a little long as stated but I LOVEEE where the snare is at...

needs much more glue from the bass. i hear almost no low-end from it...

haha, sounds sick =D

kick is tail is a little long as stated but I LOVEEE where the snare is at...

needs much more glue from the bass. i hear almost no low-end from it...

This I can correct. Thank you for all the input guys, mixing in a freezing cold house is somewhat distracting haha

Actually come to think of it I've been struggling with my kick samples etc recently, that particular one is kick10 slate,

I prefer em slappy to overly clicky any advice in processing that kick?

I'm hearing this really boomy sound coming from the guitars especially during palm muting. If you don't have a low cut then I'd definitely throw one on those guitars. If that doesn't help/you already have a decent low cut then I'd try cutting out a little bit somewhere between 185-325hz.

I'm hearing this really boomy sound coming from the guitars especially during palm muting. If you don't have a low cut then I'd definitely throw one on those guitars. If that doesn't help/you already have a decent low cut then I'd try cutting out a little bit somewhere between 185-325hz.

Hello mate definitely tried this,
However the boom seems to be coming from 115-120
After cutting it out guitars became SOOOO thin, I really couldn't fathom a way around it :/

Maybe try just notching out a little bit of the unhealthy frequency and make up for it with the bass. Mixing is generally a compromise.

and just so you guys know,

NSGUITAR actually pointed this out theres some funny clipping going on in the di's which ive been trying to correct all day along with the already present troubles i was having.

these are the third set of di's i've had to ask for and i've lost all patience with it now so unfortauntely since there 300 miles away it will have do :/

Everything sounds real good, other than when the guitarist palm mutes! Interested in hearing the DI's from this.

Maybe you could try having an EQ with a notch in the palm mute problem range, and automating it (bypass) to be only on when there are palm mutes? That way nothing else is messed up, but you still fix the palm mute problem.

in my opinion the cik sounds to large and in your face than everything else in the mix and the snare area looks little empty try blending with other sample or tweak the reverb.again this is only my opinion.cheers!

in my opinion the cik sounds to large and in your face than everything else in the mix and the snare area looks little empty try blending with other sample or tweak the reverb.again this is only my opinion.cheers!

There is noverb on the snare dude :/

I'll try make em sit a little better

it sounds good. gtrs too loud and vocals too low, though. also, i can't hear the kick anymore on smaller speakers

def give the vocals their own 'space' to sit in. either with short delays or verbs, your choice. the largeness should remsemble whatever kind of space your drums are living. try to make them both as big as each other with verb.

it sounds good. gtrs too loud and vocals too low, though. also, i can't hear the kick anymore on smaller speakers

def give the vocals their own 'space' to sit in. either with short delays or verbs, your choice. the largeness should remsemble whatever kind of space your drums are living. try to make them both as big as each other with verb.

Thanks matey

I'll deffo give that a shot :)