Reamping Good or Bad?

I'm with metaltastic on this one.
I'm absolutely hopeless at comparing guitar tones I just dont know where to start or even recognise a decent ballpark when on the odd occasion I achieved it .
To me being able to re-amp my tracks helps me along the whole learning process without having to re track over and over again.
I can even drink coffee while my DAW plays the amp :kickass:

It helps as a player to be hearing a sound when you're tracking that is roughly similar to what it will be in the end, i mean tracking your guitars with a country tone and then reamping as full on metal isn't gonna be great.

However, it's not vital to have it exact at all and as Glen said most guitarist should learn to tune up and play properly before worrying about it.

there's certainly a shit ton to be said for committing the tone (and as much as possible early on). obviously the tone will affect the performance (quite how much depends on the guitarist). A guitarist is often playing their amp/power amp/cab/room/FX as much as the instrument, not least if its an equipment chain they're very familiar with. If thats taken away from them and replaced with something alien, again it can throw them off.

more importantly though, committing the tone gives a better idea of how much/else to layer. It helps deciding what the bass/leads/drums/vocals should sound like. If all these decisions are left until the mix you can find yourself in no end of trouble as you have to make sense of things that are half stuck the way they are and half need deciding.

Re-amping is neither good or bad.
It's just taking the DI signal and adding an amp/cabinet combo to the sound.

You can determine if the re-amp is considered to be good if you add
a good tone to the DI sound just you like you would have done with simple recording.

In short, reamping is a procedure which is neutral.
What happens in the procedure is what determines the results, not the procedure alone.

Hope I make sense :)