reamping question

James-Doolan

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Hi i have question regarding reamping i am very keen on the idea of reamping but here is my question its a bit long so bear with me right i have to record a dry signal straight from my guitar so what i am thinking is i split my guitar signal with a signal splitter now one signal goes straight into auido interface which is emu usb 0404 straight into cubase so this records the dry signal. now the other signal goes into my amp so i can hear what i am playing in the right context now i want to put a sm57 in front of cab and record wat is being played on cubase at the same time so i can hear the amped version of what is being played so we can analayze how tight the performance is with distortion before deciding to keep it or not its harder to tell when playing back a dry signal my question is how do i set up two different tracks on cubase because when i hook up the emu it usualy just puts two signals to the same track one signal left and and one right in the stero field. also does splitting the signal from my guitar deteriorate the quality in any way?

Hi ive had a rough day and you bet that im not the only one who doesnt want to read this kind of text since you obviously dont know how to divide your text rationally i tried to read the couple first lines but got pissed and couldnt understand a thing try again thanks slinky.

well for a helpful response you should set the input mode on mono, and choose left or right.

it depends how you split the guitar, eg what kind of gear you use. use a di to split and record it

i am using an emu 0404 usb interface which acts as my d.i. preamp soundcard ect its kindof an all in one unit. Would you recomend that i get a dedicated d.i unit or is the emu good enough i dont know much about it to be honest.

Hi ive had a rough day and you bet that im not the only one who doesnt want to read this kind of text since you obviously dont know how to divide your text rationally i tried to read the couple first lines but got pissed and couldnt understand a thing try again thanks slinky.

yea sorry dude was in a bit of a rush writing it im not suposed to be on the net at work il keep it in mind next time im writing something. But in general my writting skills suck any way thank god for spell check eh!!!