Reamping questions

Talmaci

Feb 24, 2014
Hi, guys!
Some days ago I got my reamp box and started reamping practice.
First, I wanted to reamp my bogner uberschall->mesa 4x12".
I really like the saturated sound of the uberschall with massive low end, but when I plugged the cable from reamp box into my uber, it lost all the crushing bass and low end. Too much middle and less saturated tone.
I put the level on my soundcard to the max as well as on the Radial ProRMP reamp box.

I'm sure that all the settings on my amp are ok, like in this clip by Lammert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMIReP7-zaE

I'm also using Mesa 4x12 and one SM57. Furthermore, I asked Lammert about the mic placement and put my SM57 in the same position. But... It still sounds much thinner and flatter...

I plugin it in that way: Cubase (DI levels' peacks - no more than -3dB) -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Output (Maximal level) -> Radial ProRMP Input -> Radial ProRMP Output (Maximal level) -> Bogner Ubershcall Rev Blue (Setting are the same as in the clip) -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12" -> Shure SM57 (Placement the same as in the clip) -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Input (No clipping, -3dB levels of the reamped guitars) -> Cubase

PS: Sorry I posted incorrect video. Now it's edited.

Thank you very much for the help.
I noticed that ProRMP is also affecting the tone: steals low end and gives ugly midrange. Is it true?

Thank you very much for the help.
I noticed that ProRMP is also affecting the tone: steals low end and gives ugly midrange. Is it true?
Modded ProRMP have more flat response. Still now I`m often using my preamp (Digilab SPM-100) for conversion between balanced signal and unbalanced (i.e. as reamper) instead of ProRMP.
Even with modded ProRMP (and any other 1 to 1 reamper) you can barely reproduce levels of EMG pickups (normalized to 0 dbFS) with 2i2, some amplification capable device is needed.

The problem was hidden in the lack of bass guitar in the backingtrack)))
Thank you very much, guys!