Reaper and drum machines?

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
anybody ever hook up a drum machine to Reaper to bang out a rhythm real-time and record it?

i'm trying to write some new material and just want to lay down some drums quick and easy, then go back at a later date and record w/ a real acoustic kit.

i'm new to midi - and recording in Reaper - so feel free to talk in complete newb language. i've been searching all afternoon over at the Reaper forum, google, etc - but just can't find anything that talks about this specifically.

here's what i got so far: boss dr-670 (midi-out) -> M-AUDIO MIDISPORT Uno -> USB (Reaper)

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

figured out how to map individual midi-notes to their own tracks and then use slate samples - but now experiencing massive latency issues.

anybody got a good workaround in Reaper for this - or is it a fact of life with usb/midi stuff?

i've got Slate's KONTAKT player 2 as well from a recent LE purchase - wonder if that's a better option - although, i've been trying to avoid "programming" anything. i'd rather play it real-time, much easier for me...

look on the reaper fm for multichannel drum bus templates. this way you can edit each drum as if they were on separate tracks when theres really only 1 track.

thanks. (btw, i think i might have responded to one of your posts over on Reaper forum earlier this week about impulses??)

i've got the drum machine mapping one drum to one track in Reaper - i was just having an issue with latency. however, that's been resolved too by simply downloading the new ASIO4ALL drivers an installing.