Reaper Malfunction?

Robert W

May 13, 2009
Ran into a problem using Reaper this morning. I was using POD Farm and then opened Reaper so as to use some external IRs. But when Reaper opens it completely cuts off all volume/output from POD Farm. Also, when I close out Reaper the volume/output from POD Farm stays off as well.

This began happening this morning. Haven't changed any settings and the POD/Reaper combo was working fin just last night.

Any tips on where to start looking for the problem?

Turn off Pod farm standalone and use vst version inside REAPER. That's if I got your post correctly. This happens when an application takes control of the driver, like DAW's do, you can disable this feature but, it's something I wouldn't do, it makes enough sense without going into much detail.

Am not really sure of what's going on here. Using POD in its stand alone format using my UX1 I'm getting normal output/sound. But today I plugged in as I usually do running Reaper so I can use an IR loader and today no sound. Didn't change anything. Didn't download anything new. Just all of a sudden Reaper isn't "talking" to UX1/POD.

Launched Reaper by itself and am having no problems with output or getting VSTs to work. Also, the UX1/POD is working fine with my other DAW, Riffworks.

Like reg3n said, you have to use the vst form of podfarm on a track inside reaper. If you have podfarm open in standalone and working fine, and then open Reaper, it will take control of the soundcard from podfarm.

It never did before and I've been using the two like this for years now.

Put the POD folder in my shared VST folder and ran in Reaper like you suggested. Got a 100% improvement in my tones!

This may have been the single best tone related advice I've ever gotten. Thanks again.