Reasons to like Evergrey

Procella

MEMENTO MORI
Nov 10, 2005
Poland
If somebody who has never heard Evergrey asked you what is so special about this band, what would you say?

They have a very good variety in songs i.e. they are not just one tempo, or one style, and each album has its own character.

shark22 said:
Are they better than say, Opeth?

They are better in other ways (ofcourse their style is totally different)

Opeth are probably better musicians but Evergrey can create more powerfull rifss with more emotion in atmosphere, but that's how I think of Opeth and Evergrey

Opeth is one of my favorite bands but I prefer Evergrey

shark22 said:
Are they better than say, Opeth?

I don't think that these bands can be compared. They play different music, Opeth is more extreme... But I think that person who likes one of these bands might like the other. Both are really great.

Procella said:
I don't think that these bands can be compared. They play different music, Opeth is more extreme... But I think that person who likes one of these bands might like the other. Both are really great.

You're absolutely right. I just recently started really getting in to Opeth and I love them. I not much for the growling but the clean vocals are good and their music is just amazing.

I think the link between the two is that both bands have agressive and softer more emotional parts of their music with excellent transitions into each. That's what got me hooked.

Straight head-banging can get boring after a while......IMO.

RockGarden said:
Straight head-banging can get boring after a while......IMO.

And you're absolutely right too.:wave:

What makes these bands so wonderful - and what they have in common - is that they understand the heaviness and fastness isn't the most important thing. They have very good compositions, create very special atmosphere and there is an incredible amount of emotions in their music.

Music is a personal emotion. But if you can breathe, feel and think, you will love Evergrey's music. These are my reasons.;)

Tell them that:
Evergrey is one of the most remarkable bands I've ever heard.

First thing is that they have different styles for a lot of different people. Slow songs with ubelievable singing and other songs with this also, combined with heavy riffs and prog solos...
IMO Tom Englund is the guy with the best voice I've ever heard and this is why I like hearing him alone so much. So when this voice is combined with excellent guitar with the right amount of heavyness, this creates something unique. And do not forget the well-used keyboard for a nice mystical atmostfere in the songs.
Actually, Evergrey's music has a very good amount of heavy in their music. Not too much, and certainly not too little. The perfect amount for ideal head-banging. And their solos, oh my god, their solos are fast and beautiful.
And last, but not least, something that *I* find special about their music: Their lyrics. Their lyrics describe very well feelings and this relates to a lot of things that one experiences in life. I am facinated by their choice of words...

These things create Evergrey and I have not yet found a band with better lyrics that they. Though this may only be special for me. But if one will give a moment to listen, perhaps this will also be special for them....?

Killingspree

The songs are great, which always attracts my attention. There's also certain feeling but still also groove in their music, and the musicianship is great too. And they never just play fast, they have always the specific idea also in their solos and such. And Tom is a great vocalist, and that really crowns the band.

so whats the best album in order!! I heard some evergrey samples but don't know which album to get!? Help, :(