Recent CD buys

maragold.jpg

I've always been a fan of Greg Howe, way back from the Shrapnel days. I'm not much for modern music but this is just awesome stuff. Meghan Krauss has got one helluva voice. Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2HmV2lR9KM

I love Greg Howe but hadnt heard anything about him since the Sound Proof album a few years ago. Top notch shredder, his stuff with Richie Kotzen, and Victor Wooten/Dennis Chambers is incredible

On vinyl

Giuffria – Silk & Steel
Europe – Wings Of Tomorrow
Return – Fourplay
City Boy – The Day the Earth Caught Fire
Queen – Jazz
Rush – Signals
Yes – Fragile
Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
Genesis – Selling England By The Pound
George Harrison – Somewhere In England
George Harrison – s/t
George harrison – Gone Troppo
John Lennon – Double Fantasy
Paul McCartney - McCartney
Paul McCartney - II
Paul McCartney – Ram
Paul McCartney – Band On The Run
Paul McCartney - Wings Over America 3LP
Scorpions - Blackout

I've picked up a lot of great titles lately!

MANTA RAY - Visions Of Towering Alchemy
INNER SANCTUM - Knowledge At Hand: Complete Anthology
FIRSTRIKE - Deadly Voltage + The Agony Pit
WEAPONS - Reflections Of A Troubled Mind
MINISTERS OF ANGER - Renaissance
THIN LIZZY - Thunder And Lightning (Deluxe Edition)
THIN LIZZY - Renegade (Deluxe Edition)
HAREM SCAREM - Mood Swings II (Deluxe Edition)
CONEY HATCH - Four
ALTER BRIDGE - Fortress
CHAOS BEYOND - The Drawing Board (Awesome modern metal from Austria!!!!)

and I just got a digital version of my fave disc of 2013...
Protest The Hero - Volition
I supported them via Indiegogo and since the advance showed up on the blogs Wednesday, they released the digital version of it to their supporters the same day!

More stuff ordered - I will post as it arrives.....

I actually have 2 copies of the Thin Lizzy remasters as my wife ordered them for me. If anyone is interested in buying them from me for actual cost ($31 for both shipped via first class) or trading, please email me - joep976(at)yahoo

Joe

Astra: The Black Chord
Black n' Blue: Hell Yeah!
Cancer: Death Shall Rise
Fleshgod Apocalypse: Labyrinth
Jon Oliva's Pain: Festival
Paradise Lost: Lost Paradise
Power of Omens: Rooms of Anguish
Rensaissance: Turn of the Cards
Saint Vitus: Lillie F-65
Voivod: Killing Technology
Warrant: Rockaholic

some recent stuff:

Reckless Love - Spirit +1
John Hiatt - Walk On
Charles Mingus - Blues and Roots +4
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew 2 CD
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain+3
Beardfish - Destine Solitaire
ELO - Zoom
Jag Panzer - Thane to the Throne
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare

Got a great deal on these from Professor Black!
Jag Panzer - Tyrants (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Shadow Thief (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Chain Of Command (High Roller Reissue)
Medieval Steel - The Anthology of Steel

Protest The Hero - Volition (Razor and Tie Editon)
Since I purchased the vinyl pressing through the Indiegogo fundraiser, I needed the CD and was pleased to know they designed
totally different artwork for the retail version. I know some of you probably hate this band, but to me, this is what progressive metal should sound like in 2013. I recently read a review on Amazon that stated:
"Protest The Hero are one of the only bands going who can convincingly go from sounding like Dream Theater to Carcass to Fallout Boy in the space of a single verse without sounding contrived or cheesy." I couldn't agree more! ;-)

Joe

Protest The Hero - Volition (Razor and Tie Editon)
Since I purchased the vinyl pressing through the Indiegogo fundraiser, I needed the CD and was pleased to know they designed
totally different artwork for the retail version. I know some of you probably hate this band, but to me, this is what progressive metal should sound like in 2013. I recently read a review on Amazon that stated:
"Protest The Hero are one of the only bands going who can convincingly go from sounding like Dream Theater to Carcass to Fallout Boy in the space of a single verse without sounding contrived or cheesy." I couldn't agree more! ;-)

Joe

Let me know how it compares to the last one, which I thought sucked. ;) I have all previous albums and loved them. I thought the lyrics and songwriting in general of the last one fell flat.

Got a great deal on these from Professor Black!
Jag Panzer - Tyrants (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Shadow Thief (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (High Roller Reissue)
Jag Panzer - Chain Of Command (High Roller Reissue)
Medieval Steel - The Anthology of Steel
Joe

who has the Panzers? is that a distro or a person?

Manta Ray - Visions of Towering Alchemy
Crows - the Dying Race
David Zaffiro - In Scarlet Storm
Ordained Fate - S/T
Birds and buildings - Multipurpose Trap
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star
the Third Ending - S/T
Dead Heroes Club - A Time of Shadow
Miles Davis - Miles in the Sky
Miles Davis - Filles de Kilimanjaro
Miles Davis - Nefertiti
Miles Davis - Sorcerer
Miles Davis - Seven Steps to Heaven

Enertia: Force (thanks Joe!)
Thin Lizzy: Thunder & Lightning (Deluxe)
Thin Lizzy: Renegades (reissue)
Virginia Wolf: self-titled (Rock Candy)
Virginia Wolf: Push (Rock Candy)

And on LP
Orange Goblin: Eulogy for the Damned

Professor Black is the guy that plays in multiple bands like Dawnbringer, Pharaoh and Superchrist. He has a online distro called PLANET METAL and had these for $10 each + shipping....

Here is a link with full info - I actually am surprised he isn't carrying Divebomb titles, but I'm sure that can be easily changed! ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/notes/planet-metal/mailorder-list-updated-103113/114166081967523

One new CD arrived yesterday:
Protest The Hero - Kezia

Justin: Hope you enjoy the CD!

Matt: The new PtH sounds to my ears like a continuation of their last disc, Scurrilous (which I loved!), but that was also the point where vocalist Rody Walker took over writing lyrics from the bassist, Arif, which might explain why you don't like the newer stuff. They are a band that takes a long time to get into, as there is so much going on in their music. I personally would give it a chance and hope you do so I can hear your thoughts on it!

Joe

Professor Black is the guy that plays in multiple bands like Dawnbringer, Pharaoh and Superchrist. He has a online distro called PLANET METAL and had these for $10 each + shipping....

Here is a link with full info - I actually am surprised he isn't carrying Divebomb titles, but I'm sure that can be easily changed! ;-)
https://www.facebook.com/notes/planet-metal/mailorder-list-updated-103113/114166081967523

One new CD arrived yesterday:
Protest The Hero - Kezia

Justin: Hope you enjoy the CD!

Matt: The new PtH sounds to my ears like a continuation of their last disc, Scurrilous (which I loved!), but that was also the point where vocalist Rody Walker took over writing lyrics from the bassist, Arif, which might explain why you don't like the newer stuff. They are a band that takes a long time to get into, as there is so much going on in their music. I personally would give it a chance and hope you do so I can hear your thoughts on it!

Joe

he actually has hit me up once to trade stuff out, but i don't really do that anymore. i sent him an email see what he has left. looks like he is out of one that i wanted. :(