recent shows

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
a thread to talk about the last show you went to. who you saw, how it was, how drunk you got...

i'll start

last week i saw stolen babies with creature feature, schoolyard heroes, and and a local rock band try cognition. good show. a variety of different styles that night.

stolen babies was great
~gR~

I haven't been to a proper concert for well over a year, but that concert (Blind Guardian) was fucking terrific, even though Hansi's voice was a bit off.

I'm going to see Enslaved with The Faceless, Arsis, The Agonist, Abyssmal Nocturne, and Gravehill on Saturday, and I will soon return to this thread with news.

i saw that tour. 5 years late (they wrecked on the way to san fransisco for the symphony x tour and didnt make it). fantastic show though. BG are one of those bands that i needed to see before i die
~gR~

Last I saw was Motörhead and as expected, they were fucking great. Quite easily the best live band I've seen, and I'm not expecting they'll be topped anytime soon.

Did you guys get Rose Tattoo as a support in New Zealand? I really, really enjoyed them, brilliant bluesy hard rock, though Angry's stage banter got pretty irritating after a while.

Saw Suffocation/Skinless/Immolation a few weeks back. Was pretty damn good. Full review in the blog. I didn't drink at it.

Lame. :loco:

On the 8th i saw The Black Dahlia Murder, Cephalic Carnage, Picture the End and The Abandonment. I didn't drink at all and picked up a Cephalic Carnage t-shirt too.

The Abandonment were just a generic deathcore band.

Picture the End, like the Abandonment just a generic deathcore band but they had a few great melodies and riffs.

Cephalic Carnage were great but the mix of the vocals was just shithouse and Zac didn't have his foldback setup so he was a lil sloppy.

Black Dahlia Murder were just fucking great, really good show. All members played really well and their setlist and sound were awesome.

The last gig I went to was Five Star Prison Cell at a crappy metal club in the city last month. They were awesome and I got hell drunk.

I haven't been to a show since the New England Metalfest back in April, when I saw Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Kataklysm and Nachtmystium, among a slew of crap bands. With DB headling and Behemoth doing direct support, it was well worth waiting a few hours weathering the storm of shit with bands such as Devildriver, Walls of Jericho and 3 Inches of Blood.

Megadeth with In This Moment and The Confession in Providence. Shitty little venue...no idea why they decided to play a shithole like that. Nice and intimate, though. I was in the front row. For Megadeth's entire set I couldn't hear Dave's vocals because I was directly in front of Glen Drover's massive stack of Marshalls. Seeing Dave do a 12 fret reach was pretty insane, though, and he did a couple solos about a foot from my face.
In This Moment was absolute shit - female fronted by some stupid cunt who paraded around wearing a cheap polyester dress and couldn't sing/scream for her life.
The Confession were this close to being tolerable. At least they were cool enough to interact with the crowd.
Didn't drink. But after the show, I went into the nearest convenience store and drank literally a gallon of water in about five minutes.

Interpol/Lairs

The band,Lairs, fucking sucked. The singer kept dancing and screaming and acting like a total dick. Nothing like Interpol at all.

Interpol came on than. Pretty good but the vocals were muddy thanks to the terrible sound at the venue. A pretty good setlist but it got runied thanks to a bunch of stoned fans that were on something. They kept yelling at the crowed around them, were I was. Overall pretty good though.

Skinless/Suffocation/Immolation as well. The first tour in a long-ass time without a single bad band on the bill. Each of them sounded spot-on. I wasn't terribly thrilled that Suffocation didn't play "Liege of Inveracity" this time, but whatever. It was also my girlfriend's birthday, and we fed Immolation leftover cake after the show.

Did you guys get Rose Tattoo as a support in New Zealand? I really, really enjoyed them, brilliant bluesy hard rock, though Angry's stage banter got pretty irritating after a while.

Nah, although they were originally scheduled they pulled out at the last moment. 8 Foot Sativa and Dawn of Azazel opened, just as they do for every well known Metal band that passes through NZ.

The Cult on the Jagermeister tour last Saturday, Nov. 17.

Surprisingly, they still rock pretty hard considering they are getting a little long in the tooth, so to speak. They played a decent amount of old material, which was fine by me.

Setlist (not in order): Nirvana, Phoenix, Revolution, She Sells Sanctuary, Wild Flower, Lil' Devil, Electric Ocean, Love Removal Machine, The Witch, Fire Woman, Edie (Ciao Baby), Rise, Born Into This, Dirty Little Rockstar, I Assassin, Savages.

I haven't been to a proper concert for well over a year, but that concert (Blind Guardian) was fucking terrific, even though Hansi's voice was a bit off.

I'm going to see Enslaved with The Faceless, Arsis, The Agonist, Abyssmal Nocturne, and Gravehill on Saturday, and I will soon return to this thread with news.
Show up late so you don't have to sit through the Agonist. Quite possibly the worst opening band I've ever sat through. The lead singer was a pretty hot chick but wanted to be Angela from Arch Enemy and failing miserably.
The Arsis on the other hand were amazing. The old singer is back. Very tight and talented band.
My 2nd time seeing Enslaved and they never disappoint. I was fortunate enough to hear Return to Yggsdrasil. Overall, good show.

Did anyone get a chance to see Gojira on the most recent Behemoth tour?
I've been wanting to see them live for years now but keep on missing them.

It was about 2 weeks ago. A local punk show where a friend's band was playing. There was also this band from Virginia called Government Warning that headlined and I really enjoyed their set. Really snotty, old school hardcore that the small group of people there went crazy for.

No idea when the next concert will be, probably Sabbat in NYC.

Last real gig was Nine Inch Nails and Foo Fighters.
Silversun Pickups were opening for both the other two but I paid no attention, was buying tshirts and milling round the place and shit.

Got as close as I could without being in the pit(had no pass for it) for NIN. Fucking energetic set. No slow tracks. Pummeled a lot of the classics with only Survivalism from Year Zero. As I said no slow tracks so no Hurt. was gutted but got over it.

Foo Fighters then came on. Don't like em as much as I did when I was younger, but it was sweet re-visiting all the tracks I loved before. Played nearly every single. 90min set.

Great night over-all. Enjoyed Slayer and Alexisonfire more though.