Last show I went to was an Ozzfest offdate that featured:

Shadows Fall
The Haunted
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Black Dahlia Murder.

This was back in 06 or something.

foo fighters and NIN? odd combination

i was really into FF back in the day too. i think there is a picture of me with my GF and that fake tatto that came with one of their albums floating around somewhere lol.

anyways, local show tonight. a couple bands ive seen, and a couple i havnt yet. should be a good time.
~gR~

line-up was:

Neuraxis, Blinded by Faith, Reanimator, Vortex, Point Blank Rage; yesterday @ Montreal

Neuraxis were headliner they played a great set. They did a lot of songs from their best album (Truth Beyond) and a lot of old songs from A passage into Forlorn and Imagery. Luc Lemay from Gorguts came on stage and sang the song Imagery with the new singer and the first singer (Maynard Moore) also did another song. They were really tight. The only down side is the new singer isn't as good as former singer Ian Campbell but he still does a good job.

Blinded by Faith are fairly gay, they are kinda a sub par copy of Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth. Overall they sound better than usual though, Theatre Plaza is a great sounding venue and soundmans do a great job.

Reanimator well they play their furious thrash/crossover/heavy metal thingy fairly well. They are still really young so they still have a lot of chance to improve but they got great potential.

As for Vortex (metalcore) and Point Blank Rage (death metal) didn't saw them last night but I saw them before but are average but they would have probably sound a lot better at that one particular venue.

next show I'll go is probably next saturday: Profugus Mortis (power/black/folk), the PlasmaRifle (tech death in the vein of Beneath the Massacre) and Insect (black/deathcore?). Going there for Profugus Mortis, I don't really know what to expect from the other two bands...

Last real gig was Nine Inch Nails and Foo Fighters.
Silversun Pickups were opening for both the other two but I paid no attention, was buying tshirts and milling round the place and shit.

Got as close as I could without being in the pit(had no pass for it) for NIN. Fucking energetic set. No slow tracks. Pummeled a lot of the classics with only Survivalism from Year Zero. As I said no slow tracks so no Hurt. was gutted but got over it.

Foo Fighters then came on. Don't like em as much as I did when I was younger, but it was sweet re-visiting all the tracks I loved before. Played nearly every single. 90min set.

Great night over-all. Enjoyed Slayer and Alexisonfire more though.

Yea, NIN is not too bad. Year Zero good at first, but than turns to shit. With Teeth is very very good album for what it is.

Still not hugely into Year Zero myself. With Teeth was brilliant, but I hated how all the pretentious fucks who like NIN looked down upon it because Reznor went for a more rock approach as oppose to the usual electronic.

Yea, Year Zero sounds cool if you sit down and listen to the whole thing but in single songs; its boring. I do love the noise sections . Pretty cool on his part. Trent needs to end NIN now though.

foo fighters and NIN? odd combination

i was really into FF back in the day too. i think there is a picture of me with my GF and that fake tatto that came with one of their albums floating around somewhere lol.

anyways, local show tonight. a couple bands ive seen, and a couple i havnt yet. should be a good time.
~gR~

Yeah it was for Bud Rising. BR is like 4 shows every year that have huge bands, you know what I mean. FF were the first band announced, and NIN were randomly thrown in cos they had a show in Scotland the night before.

just got back.

recondite was good, but they should never sing clean. no matter how much they like opeth.

hells eden was solid. and it was one of the guitarists last shows. which prompted them to do a quick bass to guitar shuffle and offer me the bass slot. we'll see how it goes.

sanguine addiction sucked and i left in the middle of their 3rd song. who the fuck still plays nu metal? theyre the 3rd nu metal band ive seen play in town. youd think a bunch of trend whores like them would have made the jump to metalcore years ago
~gR~

few weeks ago i saw Napalm Death, and today i'm missing Agathocles cuz i'm working.

i hate myself

200px-Raiva-Ager-Icon.gif

Enslaved is playing tonight, too bad I'm not going.

I saw it; it was phenomenal. Gravehill and Abyssmal Nocturne were pretty kick-ass, and Enslaved got the crowd going wild. Arsis and The Faceless were alright, but I didn't really get into it and just pestered them. I shouted "death to false metal!" at the Faceless and nearly got beat up for it.

And the Agonist was mysteriously missing...much to my delight.