Velvet Cacoon drama

Wires & Waves

New Metal Member
Feb 4, 2006
I guess this isn't really new news but I didn't know so uhhhhh

Velvet Cacoon's shoegazer / psych-folk recordings were stolen albums. "How the Last Day Came and Stayed then Faded into Simulated Rain" demo was almost completely stolen from Korouva's "Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette". Korouva's album has 10 tracks, while VC's demo has 9, though two tracks that can be found in Korouva's Myspace are not in VC's demo. The "Dizzy from Eternity" demo is in fact My Violent Ego's "Clicks & Hisses".

Message from Miranda Lehman aka Korouva: "To the fans of Velvet Cacoon: It has recently come to my attention that the band Velvet Cacoon has not only STOLEN artwork and photos on their website from other artists but also their ENTIRE album, "How the last day came and stayed then faded into simulated rain". This "highly elusive" demo album is actually the property of another musician named Miranda Lehman, aka Korouva. The album's real name is Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette and has been sold through the website 16sparrows since February of 2005, before the release of the Velvet Cacoon Demo. Tracks from Korouva's album were also posted on her Livejournal, in working form, long before any Velvet Cacoon release. When Confronted with these accusations, Velvet Cacoon deleted their official Myspace music page which contained stolen tracks and artwork from Miranda. You can see that they link to their myspace page on their official site and that the myspace page has been deleted.
http://www.velvetcacoon.com/news/. Their main myspace fan page contains stolen illustration and music as well: "lilac wine, black leaves and me" (real name, "Tide") and also the illustration of a girl with a ship that goes along with the song. http://www.myspace.com/velvetcacoon. Korouva's own myspace page is here, where she also links to 16sparrows http://myspace.com/korouva. I am sorry to all the devoted fans who have been deceived by Velvet Cacoon, their blatant theft of another artist's work is absolutely unforgivable."

Note: VC' song "Chesapeake Tide" is Korouva's "Tide", not "Lilac Wine, Black Leaves and me"

Josh's message taken from their google e-group (Which was deleted on August 21/22):
"And on the subject of Velvet Cacoon, the band is a total fraud. Nothing about it holds any importance. The "How the Last Day" demo isn't even us. It's Miranda Lehman from Portland. (check the Wiki site). "Dizzy" isn't us. It's "My Violent Ego". Nothing is us. "Northsuite" was recorded in 3 hours and sold to a fake label who paid us enough for rent and substances. That's why its so terrible. We're utter bastards. We have no respect for anything. Now we're beginning the campaign to show just what we've done. We are walking examples of what far too many ***** will do. They make you crave havoc. They make you want to turn the world upside down while laughing like a maniac.

And now the soft afterglow sets in. VC is winding down. One last album. One final collection. And the damn thing isn't even recorded yet. Maybe we'll just steal it too. I must tell you that our correspondence will not continue much longer. I'm going to make a clean break - you'll know when the moment hits. You'll know exactly what I mean too.

First, I must convince the world that I am nothing special or intelligent, nor was Velvet Cacoon. If there was discussion about us before, I can only imagine what is about to come.

Feel free to spread this letter."

well uhhh

Dextronaut is rather horrid-to-average (Starlit Seas Of Angelblood is a good song for instance), and Music For Falling Buildings rocks...

Northsuite is stupid.