Velvet Cacoon music stealers?

Trylakos

gimme my key bitch!
Apr 10, 2005
Newfoundland,Canada
from Wikipedia:

Further controversy surrounds this band in the form of plagiarism accusations. The song "Chesapeake Tide" is also credited to Miranda Lehman aka Korouva and appears on her album "Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette" under the name "Tide"; similarly, the song Velvet Cacoon calls "Candlelit Constellations" is credited to Korouva under the name "Wheat Fields", as well VC have also used photographs and drawings from the same source without permission. It seems that the "highly elusive" Velvet Cacoon demo "How the last day came and stayed then faded into simulated rain" was almost completely plagiarized from Korouva's "Shipwrecks & Russian Roulette", which has been sold through the website 16sparrows since February of 2005, before the release of the Velvet Cacoon Demo and were posted in her Livejournal, in working form, long before any Velvet Cacoon release. Korouva's album has 10 tracks, while VC's demo has 9, though two tracks that can be found in Korouva's Myspace are not in VC's demo. When Confronted with these accusations, Velvet Cacoon deleted their official Myspace music page which contained stolen tracks and artwork from Miranda.

Velvet Cacoon's "Dizzy from Eternity" demo is in fact My Violent Ego's "Clicks & Hisses".

The band may also have passed off songs by Pink Martini and The Decemberists as their own.

Josh's message taken from their google e-group: "And on the subject of Velvet Cacoon, the band is a total fraud. Nothing about it holds any importance. The "How the Last Day" demo isn't even us. It's Miranda Lehman from Portland. (check the Wiki site). "Dizzy" isn't us. It's "My Violent Ego". Nothing is us. "Northsuite" was recorded in 3 hours and sold to a fake label who paid us enough for rent and substances. That's why its so terrible. We're utter bastards. We have no respect for anything. Now we're beginning the campaign to show just what we've done. We are walking examples of what far too many drugs will do. They make you crave havoc. They make you want to turn the world upside down while laughing like a maniac.

And now the soft afterglow sets in. VC is winding down. One last album. One final collection. And the damn thing isn't even recorded yet. Maybe we'll just steal it too. I must tell you that our correspondence will not continue much longer. I'm going to make a clean break - you'll know when the moment hits. You'll know exactly what I mean too.

First, I must convince the world that I am nothing special or intelligent, nor was Velvet Cacoon. If there was discussion about us before, I can only imagine what is about to come.

Feel free to spread this letter."

edit: stole this whole thread including the title etc from a nother board, just putting it up for discussing

Erik said:
yeah i saw that

everyone who ever thought velvet cacoon had actual female members = fucking owned
yeah wimmenz ain't smart enough for this trickery right?

I bet Angela or whoever is the one who makes his tea.

velvet cacoon is josh sitting at his computer with a pirated copy of cubase SX

nothing more nothing less

there were never any other members, no 7 girls, no founding member that fell and died, etc

and no matter how many twists and turns this whole soap opera is going to have, genevieve STILL rules

Trylakos said:
edit: stole this whole thread including the title etc from a nother board, just putting it up for discussing
bwahahaha, somebody make this man a sandwich

so uh, never checked out this band, do they have stuff that is actually supposedly not stolen or is their entire career based on stealing? because if it is that's more points in their favor, irony is a sweet mistress :lol:

J. said:
anyone who ever enjoyed this no talent hram sucking dolt's music = owned
i dont want to start a whole shitstorm here again but why? what does this have to do with the music he actually DID make?

Trylakos said:
The band may also have passed off songs by Pink Martini and The Decemberists as their own.

I've heard a track by The Decemberists, '13 Military Wives' I think it's called. Velvet Cacoon is supposed to be black metal, isn't it (as well as a huge fucking joke on everyone who thought Josh was genuine about the whole thing, ever)? Surely it must only have taken around 15 seconds for people who heard this stuff to go 'Waaaait a minute...'

I like the people who enjoyed the music, then when the truth was revealed, said fans decided to hate it. Allowing factors exterior to the craft itself to sway your opinion on a piece of art is the biggest LOL of all.

this reminds me of something...

hmmmmmmmmmm

whatever could it be...........

LOLZ
file.ridiculos112.jpg

black metal