Velvet Cacoon music stealers?

Erik said:
re northsuite:

'"Northsuite" was recorded in 3 hours and sold to a fake label who paid us enough for rent and substances. That's why its so terrible.'
hahaha

I remember when I first read the infamous interview I thought "what a piece of shit obviously staged pretentious load of crap," heard one song, liked it, then pretty much ignored them until the first drop of FOOL YOU happened. That's when I realized how awesome this band was, but it took until today to finally purchase an album from them.

Chromatose said:
So what's next.. will they say "actually we did make those other albums that we said we didn't lolz, APRIL FOOLS now hate us even more plz!"
Yeah, I'm seeing that coming. The hoax being an hoax in itself.

Sadguru said:
Yeah, I'm seeing that coming. The hoax being an hoax in itself.

I like the thought of that way too much. But I just googled around and listened to band samples etc, and seems it's real. Oh well!

What are the album/merch/whatever sales figures from these dudes? I mean at the very least it's a brilliant marketing ploy, but I'm assuming only to a very small audience.

Chromatose said:
I like the thought of that way too much. But I just googled around and listened to band samples etc, and seems it's real. Oh well!

But then again, both artists have like 50-60 friends on myspace and if I'm correct, both account were created in 2005. It's not totally impossible that the band made-up the whole thing.

The other bands mentioned arn't made up. At least the decemberists.

Sorry that you fell in love with a pile of dogshit, Sadguru.

Chromatose said:
here's a new conspiracy theory for you

the artist "kourova" who actually wrote the "how the last day..." album is from portland, as is vc

maybe they know each other and they made a deal -- vc spreads "how the last day..." all over the world because they have a fanbase and are all notorious and shit while noone on earth has heard of "kourova"; after a while vc reveals it's a hoax = more publicity for both vc and kourova

KILL TULLY said:
The other bands mentioned arn't made up. At least the decemberists.

Sorry that you fell in love with a pile of dogshit, Sadguru.

That doesn't change the fact that I think Genevieve is gorgeous. The only thing that changes is my understand as how a band planning to record a fraud can actually created something as fantastic as Genevieve.

and now 14 year old metal dorks like shadow of death look even more hilariously foolish. bravo josh

EDIT - :lol: @ morpha comment

I applaud them for being subversive and playing a practical joke on a sect of fans that take black metal ideals too seriously, but I do not support passing off someone else's compositions as your own (even if it had the author's cooperation, which I highly doubt), so I still give VC/Josh a fuck you for engaging in plagiarism.

^the man makes a point, if it was in fact just straight plagiarism without the original artist's permission (as it seems to be) that's not so kosher

But who knows really, they were always so vague, and as far as I know no money was ever made off of these "demos." Completely an internet p2p phenomenon, wouldn't it be? Although against their favor they didn't do anything to stop said "plagiarism"

edit: alright I reread and noticed they had these songs on their myspace. It's still possible they weren't the ones that started this problem but just loved the confusion and hype so went all out with it when the mp3s started passing around.

Just saying....

even though I still think "Josh" is to blame for whatever shenanigans here

lizard said:
and before Frank Farian created Milli, there was:
B00009WVZZ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the americans won't know this but the europeans have the shame.
Ra Ra Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine:kickass:

edit: also my bit in the first post isn't intentional:erk: and, The Decemberists are also from Portland.