New Velvet Cacoon interview! SHOCKING NEWS

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
http://www.velvetcacoon.com/elskrin_interview_english.html

Well, in the words of Whitney, the dieselharp is really a hype machine. It's one of our many stories we used to toy with the black metal scene because we knew it would work. It's just a big inside joke to us all. Anytime we see a glowing review for Velvet Cacoon we just chalk it up to another string on the dieselharp. The dieselharp is like CNN for black metal, it's the newspaper you get up and read each morning. It's the metaphor for our 365 day voyage from "who is VC?" to "Shut the fuck up about VC". It was a marketing ploy to prove we could fist fuck a dead scene full of idiots. It's not that we hate the people, it's that we find the message of black metal to be worse than Christianity and we wanted to mock every ounce of this community. Of course, this only relates to the interviews and shit we did where we gloated about the ecofascist dieselharp playing nonsense. The mood of "Genevieve" and the drug use, I can assure you, was and is very authentic. In a way we were playing characters of ourselves... some of the authentic parts of ourselves, and other parts were pure fabrications.
If people want to talk about dishonest bands, lets talk about the legions of people who proclaim to adhere to the principles of Satanism, meanwhile waste their lives away playing Playstation and working at McDonalds. If people want to talk about bands who are fake, talk about 99.99999% of bands out there who preach about the war onChristianity and don't do shit about it.
My name isn't SGL. My name is Josh. During the day I ride my bicycle through Portland, occasionally stopping at bars for a Fat Tire or to a market to buy some fruit. By night I'm drinking wine, smoking cloves and doing whatever drugs I've come across that day. I'm not blowing up logging trucks and meat packing plants. I'm actually a very nice and peaceful person, the complete opposite of what most people would expect. I have short hair, a big beard, and I love Billie Holiday. Essentially, I'm every image obsessed black metaller's worst nightmare come true... and they already paid me my 15 bucks.

Well.

Gotta admit they fooled me for a while with the Dieselharp(tm). It actually seemed not an impossible construction to pull off... I bet someone could construct something similar if they really wanted to.

This is highly hilarious though, and they make a few valid points

My name isn't SGL. My name is Josh. During the day I ride my bicycle through Portland, occasionally stopping at bars for a Fat Tire or to a market to buy some fruit.

hahahah .. sounds like me.

but what do people expect these black metal band members to be doing in their spare time anyway?

Everyone uses gimmicks. You all know perfectly well that Rob Darken has a black girlfriend, and Nokturnal Mortum are all members of their local synagogue football team. :loco:

Holy shit I'm totally going to buy their album this coming winter now.
some dude said:
I have short hair, a big beard, and I love Billie Holiday. Essentially, I'm every image obsessed black metaller's worst nightmare come true... and they already paid me my 15 bucks.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love it.

Of course this doesn't diminish the value of the music... I mean, they're not saying that the music was insincere or anything, quite the opposite actually, just that the whole hype machine surrounding the band was mostly fake

I dunno. I value sincerity... Actually in 90%+ of the cases this is kind of a moot point since it's usually painfully obvious from the music whether it was made in total sincerity or not.