Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve

Not sure if this is a joke, but it sounds like they are also selling some sort of perfume in conjunction with this:

Delicious! The sense of smell is everything that matters. Very soon I'll be selling a very limited batch of handmade perfumes created by yours truly to be released with the new VC albums. These are heavily concentrated in a mix of isopropyl myristate and rose hip oil and delivered in 20ml (.65oz) ground glass stoppered bottles. Each bottle will retail for $85 and every penny from these bottles will be cut in half and distributed to my two labels (fmp and sts) equally.

Smoky cedar, bourbon vanilla and cranberry. Composed of 36 notes.

Claverie
A purely resinous blend spiced with black pepper - benzoin, galbanum, opoponax (sugared myrrh), peru balsam, olibanum. Composed of 18 notes.

Marylux
Smoked plums, ragged leather, aged paper, gunpowder and crushed grape leaves. Composed of 22 notes.

Grevona
Barnacles, mussel beards, murky bladderwrack, salty ocean brine and a seaweed accord. Composed of 43 notes.

Oviamoire
Warm pumpkin guts, pinot noir grape, burning leaves, freshly dug dirt and twigs/fig leaves to simulate the woods in fall. Composed of 30 notes.

Sovarine
Candlesmoke, wood varnish, corroded amber, charcoal with top notes of licorice and honey. Composed of 26 notes.

These are fairly sophisticated scents that veer quite a bit from mainstream fragrances. These were created over the years using a bizarre kind of "aromatherapy" coinciding with making the album. They are concentrated around 25% using an assortment of resins, charcoals, natural oils and synthetic aromachemicals and if properly stored will last a lifetime. Don't be mistaken into thinking these are hermaphrodite dolls These are ridiculously high quality perfumes intended for froofy, pretentious folks like me. More news will be on velvetcacoon.com soon.

Not sure if this is a joke, but it sounds like they are also selling some sort of perfume in conjunction with this:

Delicious! The sense of smell is everything that matters. Very soon I'll be selling a very limited batch of handmade perfumes created by yours truly to be released with the new VC albums. These are heavily concentrated in a mix of isopropyl myristate and rose hip oil and delivered in 20ml (.65oz) ground glass stoppered bottles. Each bottle will retail for $85 and every penny from these bottles will be cut in half and distributed to my two labels (fmp and sts) equally.

Smoky cedar, bourbon vanilla and cranberry. Composed of 36 notes.

Claverie
A purely resinous blend spiced with black pepper - benzoin, galbanum, opoponax (sugared myrrh), peru balsam, olibanum. Composed of 18 notes.

Marylux
Smoked plums, ragged leather, aged paper, gunpowder and crushed grape leaves. Composed of 22 notes.

Grevona
Barnacles, mussel beards, murky bladderwrack, salty ocean brine and a seaweed accord. Composed of 43 notes.

Oviamoire
Warm pumpkin guts, pinot noir grape, burning leaves, freshly dug dirt and twigs/fig leaves to simulate the woods in fall. Composed of 30 notes.

Sovarine
Candlesmoke, wood varnish, corroded amber, charcoal with top notes of licorice and honey. Composed of 26 notes.

These are fairly sophisticated scents that veer quite a bit from mainstream fragrances. These were created over the years using a bizarre kind of "aromatherapy" coinciding with making the album. They are concentrated around 25% using an assortment of resins, charcoals, natural oils and synthetic aromachemicals and if properly stored will last a lifetime. Don't be mistaken into thinking these are hermaphrodite dolls These are ridiculously high quality perfumes intended for froofy, pretentious folks like me. More news will be on velvetcacoon.com soon.

The names of the perfumes seem to be the same as the track listing for "P aa opal Poere Pr. 33". Right.

Just when you think normality is returning to the world, Velvet Cacoon comes back.

I'm so glad I have hated on this dumb band from day 1, far before they where a known fraud or whatever. AGAIN, I RULE! YES!

ITT: Band is still fagzzz.

The guy behind Velvet Cacoon is one of the biggest faggots in the world if his behavior on the FMP forum is any indication. As if the music itself didn't already make it obvious.

Atropine is hillarious... each song is just one note on a keyboard sustained for up to a half an hour. Slowly it modulates, the pitch changes slightly, and then eventually starts fading... slowly. I hope people bought it.

Edit: I'm reading on the internet some people actually like this shit... DA FUCK!

"I agree with krumbledkookie. I don't need to know if Josh exists or not. I don't really like Paa Opal Poere Pr 33, but Atropine is awesome, best VC album! Funeral Noir, Graveside Sonnet, Nightvines, Nocturnal Carriage and Autumn Burial Victoria are beautiful!

"Atropine IS awesome, but I readily admit to loving P aa Opal Poere Pr. 33 as well. I think what Atropine does is offer something entirely original to the VC catalogue. Sure, dark ambient tracks are not unheard of for VC, but these songs on Atropine have a more droning quality to them. At the same time, though, there is a lush beauty in the songs' textures that set them aside from the ambient tracks on Dextronaut, for example."

"Atropine is perfect, in my opinion. This was well worth the 3 month wait, I would've gladly waited longer. Paa Opal is also perfect, in every sense of the word. I will definitely buy that one as well when it's officially released. I'm infinitely satisfied with both of these albums, and they were well worth the wait."

"I'm totally loving Atropine. I just hope the whole situation with the tracklist is fixed. I dunno if I should go off of the CD or the internet haha"

Josh says:

"A front for drug money? I make not a penny through VC, I do it because I love making music. Atropine is to ambient what Genevieve was to bm - a very minimalist/dark interpretation. Like Genevieve, it may take a while to be appreciated (and if not, too bad - I love it and that's all I care about). It's not an album for short attention spans. That said, the cd plant butchered the tracklist.. fucked up the entire flow - the album is flawed now. Retag your files and fix it if you want it as intended. New VC mcd in October - beautiful, fast, raw black metal - the best stuff yet by miles and miles and miles, promise."

So, I've been seeing an album "P aa opal Poere Pr. 33" pop up around the net over the last few weeks saying its a VC 2009 release...

Now, I knew about the double CD (Atropine) coming from them on FMP later this year, but any ideas what the fuck this is (if it's even VC at all)? It's not mentioned on the FMP site.

Edit: NEvermind, it is real, not an FMP release though, something called "Starlight Temple Society". Granted, from what I'm reading there is a real leak and also a fake leak, haha.

"P aa opal poere pr.33" is out now.

www.starlighttemplesociety.com