Recipes :grin:

witch

Cups Queen
Apr 16, 2002
no man's land
Visit site
Hi there :)
I want to try something new :Spin:
so, me and rei thought to write an "italian recipes" virtual book (a sort of blog)
what u think about to give us typical recipes of your place?
in this way, we can increase the virtual book, and change its name with "UM cook recipes" :D

we're ready to read your opinions :p

/witch

Reactions: Melancholia
AND...i'm ready to see your recipies ;) :p

the only one I can think now is Nachos a la Peponaki!

Ingredients:
Bag of Doritos
Hot spicey sauce
Coca cola
Sofa...

Method of cooking...
Grab the doritos bag, open it from one of the sides (mind not opening from both sides, it might get a bit...missplaced) Pour half a bottle of hot spicey sauce in to the bag. Sit on the sofa trying to get a confy possition and start eating. From time to time cool off your throat with a sip or two of cold coke.

:D and I LOVE IT :)

fathervic (soon with mooooore stuff...but real for once!)

@doritovic: :lol: that recipe looks tasty, gotta try it out :p

as for this recipe thing, well... the idea was born one nite that both witch and i were laughing like mad after having read on a webpage what some italian cook wannabe was selling out as "real italian recipe"... unless i'm much mistaken it was some "escalloped macaroni" thing and it was absolutely awful :ill:
after that experience we thought about writing a small book of *real* italian recipes to give to friends (especially from other countries), and put online for quick reference :)
additions of non-italian recipes are more than welcome, of course, i like experimenting with foreign cooking... i only need to find some innocent testers :devil:

ah! but still no original italian recipes!!!!

here goes a very simple starter for a catalan cuisine dinner...
the original name is "Pa amb tomaquet" which innocently means Bread with tomato!
we'll need...
Bread (normally we use a special sort of breat, so bagguette is not really common on this piece)
Tomatoes (the red and squishy one i.e. not the ones for salad)
Olive Oil (not that corn crap!)
Salt

The special thing which in the rest of Spain they DON'T do is simply to slice the bread, slice the tomatoes in two halves and the squish the poor tomato onto the bread spreading it's juice on the bread as best as you can. Then you pour some oil on the bread and later add some salt on it.
Normally you would eat it with some other stuff but the Pa amb tomaquet is ready to be served...and for sure if you go to Catalan food restaurant they should bring you the dish as a starter with may be some olives and stuff.

disclaimer: although i've been treated as descrator of the catalan culture...i have to say that I don't like Pa amb tomaquet, but if 6 million of catalans eat it, it should be tasteful to many other even though they don't have little catalan genes in their blood... :D

fathervic (millions of flies can't be wrong)

It is not a matter of love towards the catalan culture or its pa amb tomàquet (often with prosciutto... I mean... ham) , but more a need of that thing in me. I can't eat a sandwich without tomatoe, oil and salt the way aforementioned. Dry bread?! Puajjjj!!!

|ngenius.

mmmmmmm this thread has whetted my appettite :))
*eating little breadshaped crackers*

witch and Rei: very nice idea :) I'll try to contribute with some evil greek recipe next week.....

btw,i like cooking,but i don't have much time to cook complicated stuff.Yet now that i+m partly on holidays i+ve promised myself i'll learn to make some new dishes (and some sweets :D )

Btw2,i love pasta pasta pasta =)

as for the catalan tomatobread I've tried it and it's very yummy....i wouldn't eat it often though...here in Greece we normally eat baquette filled with stuff,while with lunch and stuff those who eat bread (i normally don't) usually accompany their food with other sorts of bread...

/troll (mmmmmmm hungry hungry hungry......i'd kill some Pa amb tomaquet right now : slurp : )

Melancholia said:
here in Greece we normally eat baquette filled with stuff,while with lunch and stuff those who eat bread (i normally don't) usually accompany their food with other sorts of bread...

You mean we normally DON'T eat baguette!!!!
it's so hard to find a proper baguette here...And sandwitch with baguette (lease bocata) it's not a common thing here at all! :p

here the common stuff is pie or normal bread...which is yummy...but my baguette with chorizo is difficult to get!

fv

My baguette is up to you (I've changed this part, because to have my baguette up is even funnier, conceptually speaking) whenever you want. (Léase, me la aguantas?) :loco:

|ng (Spamming around)

ok, i've seen that fathervic complains about the lack of italian recipes while mel says she likes pasta but doesn't have much time to cook, sooo... here you are: quick recipe (about 30 minutes) for a "green" pasta salad, good now that it's hot :p
have fun :D

(6 servings, but this salad can be kept in the fridge for 2/3 days)

g 300 ditali (small tubes of ridged pasta) these ones
g 300 boiled snap beans snap beans
1 slice of french bread moistened with vinegar
2 boiled eggs
parsley
basil
chives herbs
extra-virgin olive oil
pecorino cheese
salt
---
to make the green sauce: in a food processor/mixer, slowly blend a good handful of parsley, some dozen leaves of basil, a few chives, the bread (after having squeezed it), the yolks, a good pinch of salt and g 150 of oil.
cook the ditali in abudant salted water until al dente, drain and cool them under cold running water, drain again and put them in a large serving bowl. dress with the green sauce and the snap beans (part open and part minced), mix well and then serve with pecorino cheese grated in filets (like carrots).

I call this one Nachos al la nachos

Ingredients:

Anything except nachos.
Similar to Fathervic's recipe but with a twist
While you're out strolling the forest with your (Er..My) corpsepaint, High-heeled spiked boots, spiked gauntlet, and axe, you will eventually get hungry. What I say to that? Well follow these directions:

-1 bag of Doritos (Any kind, except the Nacho Cheeser (Because it has the name "Nacho" in it.))
-1 big bag o' weed (Preferably Maui Waui or Northern Lights)
-Several nicely rolled Marijuana Cigarettes (A bowl/pipe/bong will do fine too!)
-1 no 3 bottles of any kind of Pop. (Sprite, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Coca-Cola, etc...)
-1 large sofa
-1 Big screen T.V.
-2 large Pizzas
-Good television programs such as the Teletubbies, Roly-Poly-Ollie, or anything on comedy central.
-1 bag of candy (Any kind of candy.)
-1 big fuckin grin on your face because you're stoned off your ass.
-And a bottle of Tabasco sauce for some unexplainable reason.

Invite your friends, enemies, comrades, fiends, war mongerers, etc..over and have them bring their own "stuff" because after all, you did pay for all the shit.

This can also work with some quality alchohol but no comedy central, only sports games. Have a good ass time with this.

Rei@ thank you for the recipe :) It sounds yummy (apart from the al dente pasta part :p ). Maybe i´ll try it one of the following days...

here's a quick sweet and healthy recipe from me :)

"Apple in the microwave with cinammon and honey" (1 apple for each person):
You peel the apple,slice it etc,preferably cut every slice in 3 chunky bits....Put the apple in a bowl or plate and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute and a half (some little or a bit more depending on the KWatts you will program.For best results the first time stop the microwave every now and then to check how it is going.When the apple is soft,juicy,yet not yuckily molten it is ready... Let it cool a bit so that you won't burn your tongue and curse me :p Put a spoon of honey and cinammon in powder and eat it when still warm :))

Hope you will enjoy it...i like it a lot!
Maybe you can make the apple-s in the oven,but i+ve never tried......

Okie......one of the following days i'll post a recipe for a superyummy greek vegetable plate...

/troll (mmmmmm apple with cinammon)

Ok, this is getting professional...except fot the Nachos a la Nacho...which is more like...family cook :p

this is somekind of dessert from Nanny Ogg's cookbook :)

Honey Mixture

1 small jar clear honey (115 gr)
3-4 clean rose petals, finely chopped
a vanilla pod or three drops of vanilla essence
finger-nail sized piece of gold leaf (the sort used for cake decoration, you don't have to used this but it gives it that magical twinkle)

Place the unopened jar of honey in a bowl of hot water for a couple of minutes to warm slightly. Remove and dry the jar. Open it and carefully stir in the remaining ingredients. Leave at least a couple of hours for the flavours to infuse and always shake the jar before use...

uhmmmm that sounded good, didn't it??? :)

MMMMMMM.... honey........

Here's my other recipe:

Say you kill your friend. Then what do you do with the body? You sick fuck! You do nothing, you don't even kill him/her. (Unless he/she owes you three dollars and won't give it to you.)

Here's a recipe that I live off from.....(Wow this should be on a cooking show!!!!)

Recipe:
Peanut Butter
Bread
Toaster
Knife

Here's what you do: Jam the bread into the toaster. Turn it on medium. Let it cook until it pops up. Then put knife into the peanut butter and scoop out a healthy size. Then put it on warmed toast. Enjoy.

Here's another one:

Ingredients: (Don't try to eat the toaster and knife by the way. It won't work!)

Enough Sugar to make your glucose levels go shooting throgh the roof.
Enough Cinnamon to make you cry. That's a lot by the way.
Bread
Butter/Margarine/Vegetable Oil
Knife
Toaster

Directions

Put bread in toaster. Turn it on whatever setting you wish. Mix cinnamon in with sugar. When Bread is done toasting, put butter on it. Then apply the sugar/cinnamon mix onto the the bread. And wohla you got yourself 500 more calories to burn at the gym!

I better get money for this!

:D

Theredintheskyisours, first of all At the gates rule :)).Secondly,the peanut butter recipe is yummy,but i think it would be even yummier if you spread some honey over the peanut butter. It is 10 times yummier......I'm a peanut butter with honey worshipper :)

as for the second recipe,i discovered that people can really eat bread with butter and sugar some months ago, and i still find it pretty unhealthy...
hhehe

well...we know it...we feel it...but why you, oh starter of this thread, have no posted a single recipe yet????? eh????

bad bad witch :p
but you're still in time...i want to know i want to know!!!

fathervic *mumblemumblemumble*

@fathervic: I'v to remember to pick up the recipes from my office pc, this is the reason why there's no recipes from this *bad bad* witch :p

anyway.. 9 days and I'll fly to egypt.. do u need something, guys?

/me (holy potato)