Recipes :grin:

Theredintheskyisours said:
Sorry for my extreme stupidity, but where's that at? I mean what country do you live in?

It is a country itself. Take a map of Europe, look at the bottom, locate the Pirineos and Spain, and there are two small countries on there, below France: Andorra and Catalunya. :rolleyes:

|ng (Cantaría els segadors, si pudiera...)

@theredin: old maps don't have it yet, though....you will find it in the ones that have Quebeck as a country aswell :p

@witch: yummy...but you're italian aren't you??? why do you talk in "inches".My way to measure inches is to take something near my PC monitor and say...Ok if this is 17 inches this thing is....whatever...

@troll

1) which is your favourite fruit

something between strawberry and blackberry. though i would like to vote for fruit they take the cocacola from

2)which is your favourite vegetable?

uhmmmm hard path again....i suppose lettuce...white beans don't count, huh?

3) which is your favourite sweet?

twix

4)are you obsessed with any food in particular lately?

as always, doritos, coke and spicey sauce (La Costeña)

fv

*Pesto* Basil cold Sauce for Pasta (from Genoa)

Basil Leaves (around 4.4 lbs of basil.. remember to take off twigs)

6 oz Pine Kernel

1,5 lb Parmesan cheese

2 bulbs of Garlic

Olive Oil (4-6 pints)

Salt (around 1 cup)

Wash Basil leaves

Use an electic mixer

Peel Garlic cloves, then put them into the mixer, add basil leaves, parmesan cheese, salt, oil and pine kernel. Close the electric mixer then press start :)

Repeat the step above until Basil leaves are finished. You will have a thick green cream, taste it then add salt/oil as you wish

Fill some jar then preserve them inside the freezer. Remember to take off the jar that you need to dress your pasta at least 2 hours before you will have to use it.

@Mel: ya su asteri! (i'm tryin' to.. forgive me :rolleyes: )
I need you to post the moussaka recipe, everybody told me that this is a really good greek course *yummy*

@Father: yes, sir, I'm Italian, but as u can imagine, many ppl are not able to take european measures and use them for cook something, this is the reason why i translated everything (advice: take a look here)

about other informations:
1) which is your favourite fruit
tangerine/green apple

2)which is your favourite vegetable?
potatoes/spinach

3) which is your favourite sweet?
apple pie

4)are you obsessed with any food in particular lately?
jalapeños, doritos (rulez!)

wow...that sounds cool...we gotta try :)

oh, and the jalapeños + doritos, too :p

I just hope Mel will post her recipe for the Amazing Peas And Devil Potatoes she cooks...those little bastards taste like heaven once she's put her hands on them :Spin:

mmmm witch,superyummy recipe :) we gotta try,melonaki mou... I LOVE PASTA!!!!!!!!!!! :loco:

melonaki@ :oops:

Witch@ the moussaka recipe i will post soon,i promise...but not today,cause i have to go now :( probably during the weekend,okay?
Filakia, asteri mu!!! (impressed ;) you're doing great)

/trollaki

@Mel: ya su kukla mu!
Hope to read about your moussaka at soonest *yummy*
my friend's bf were in Greece for 4 years, and one month ago, maybe 2 hours after a sumptuous chinese dinner, he told me: "you know what? I need to eat some ghiros with zazaki, now" :guh: I envy his stomach :eek:
time to go sleep.. hugs for everyone :oops:

/magissa

Apple Soda? There's this stuff called Jone's "Green Apple" soda around here. It's actually pretty good, but I haven't had it in awhile. It's kind of expensive (not too expensive, but about a dollar more than a case of say Coca-Cola).

I am so glad my dad bought a slow-cooker! Holy cow is it simple to make stuff. Just through some meat like roast beef in there, cut up some vegetables and throw in spices for extra flavor. Then just waita few hours and you got yourself a great meal. Sorry to all the vegetarians (sp?) out there!

By the way, those are some awesome recipes there Witch!

Thanny@ well, i don't know for the rest of europe, but here we don't have apple soda... for a period we had some sort of water with bubbles and taste of apple, which tasted super, but now we don¨t have it anymore :(

witchy@ ti kaneis, magissoula mou??
i hope everything is fine with you :))
unfortunately my cookbook is more than 3000 kms away :cry: so i can+t give you the promised recipe...but i checked on the web instead and selected the best for you:

http://recipefinder.ninemsn.com.au/recipefinder/recipes/db/Nestle/30/3083.asp

btw, some people instead of aubergines use zucchini and potatoes or just zucchini, but you can also put potatoes, zucchini and aubergine (in layers- not all mixed together).... i usually prefer the latter :)

The moussaka takes a bit of time to be made, so be sure to have a lot of time in your hands and also some people to feed :)

oh, i also found this:
http://www.astro.cf.ac.uk/cgi-bin/recipe/process?-M+moussaka
(moussaka for vegetarians)
:wave:

here we have Appletizer and some other weird apple sodas...but the best is Trinaranjus apple one, but that´s without carbonate...*yummy*