Recognizing music in unexpected places...

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
Weird subject?

Just this... ever hear a song you recognize in a place you dont expect to hear it?

On MTV's Real World [the ex used to watch it, shut up] I remember hearing In Flames played while people argue...

When Comedy Central had Battlebots, they used to use The Haunted's Dark Intentions for their opening montage... which Marco Aro says they were never notified about, nor paid for... of course.

But, the weirdest one, was last night I was watching John Singleton's "Four Brothers" [starring Mark Wahlberg and Andre from Outkast...]

In this scene where they drink at this bar, Porcupine Tree's "Shallow" plays in the background...

I found that a bit odd... they're not well known in the mainstream at all........

And the Tremor Brothers jam Trivium in Smokin' Aces when they pull up on Ben Affleck.

That's all off the top of my head.

OH, and during The Sopranos, AJ had a Nevermore poster on his wall back in the day.

I remember one time I was flipping through the channels and when I passed MTV, I heard Mr. Bungle's "Secret Song" playing in the background on either The Real World or Road Rules or one their other "reality" shows.

I've seen the Ulver - Nattens Madrigal poster in the girl's room on the sopranos, and I was pretty shocked to hear older Sepultura in the Talladega Nights movie.

The one that takes the cake, in my opinion, is the Neurosis shirt on Home Improvement.

dimmu borgir - progenies, eradication instincts were both in the hellboy trailer, but not the actual movie

PT - shallow, i always hear it as radio station music beds.
COB - downfall, Lamb of god - redneck, in flames - pinball map are all on the intro to the Opie and anthony show on XM radio.

Cannibal Corpse in "Ace Ventura" and slightly modified Type of Negative in "I still know what you did last summer" (if i'm not mistaken).

[Edit]

I was mistaken - it was TON "Summer Breeze" in "I Know What You Did Last Summer"

Woke up in this ramdom girl's room in London once with a big hangover... Got wakened by Korpiklaani!

Nae idea what happened that night... :S

My friend and I once heard Dimmu Borgir coming from the PA in a frou frou little coffee shoppe in a mall in suburban New Jersey. It was enough of a WTF moment that went inside to see what was up. The kid behind the counter had it up loud enough that we had to shout over it, though I don't recall the exact song.

Satyricon´s mother north video clip , in this movie about junkies, i dont remember the title, but is rob halford and the singer for blondie on it

there wasn't any of the music, but i once found a partially torn Dark Tranquility "Damage Done" poster on the wall of a bomb damaged building in Afghanistan or or somewhere like that in a Ranibow Six 3 Xbox game. that one blew my mind.

Now you have something to die for was by Lamb of God was used on a freeserve broadband commercial.

Pretty funny at the time, the portrayal of these "metal" kids jumping against the wall.

The wrestler "Raven" used to wear Nevermore shirts to the ring.

During the NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres playoffs, they played Raining Blood over the PA... which I thought was funny.

The guys from Soilwork and In Flames are playable characters in NHL 2k... either 5 or 6... seriously.

In some Mafia game on PS2, there's this level you have to race people in.. and the driver's names are Peter Tagtgren and Page Hamilton, and some other guys I've forgotten.