recomend me few bands (preferably non american)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vesperian Sorrow (dark symphonic metel form right here in Texas)
Dark Suns (very Opeth-ish vibe)
Quo Vadis (fantastic)
Korpiklaani (good ole folk metal)
Winterlong (heavy/power metal)

I picked up my first My Dying Bride CD (Songs of darkness words of light) and i must say im really liking this album at first listen i thought it was a bit cheesy but after a while it got better and better. can anyone recommend some others from my dying bride that i should check out????

Just read a review of Madder Mortem at allmusic.com by Ed Rividavia (one of the better reviewers at AMG and one of the best metal reviewers anywhere). Intriguing...

So far Ive checked out the following badns:
My dying Bride
really nice. reminds me of Opeth on some levels.
Pecatum
HORRIBLE! I don't dig chick vocals at all!
Katatonia
One of my favorite bands. Forgot to mention them in the first post.
Nevermore
They're american sound band. I don't like it.
In Flames
American sound.
Ulver
kinda strange and soothing. not metal but thumbs up.

Edge of Sanity: "Purgatory Afterglow", "Spectral Sorrows", "Unorthodox"
Shining: "Within Deep Dark Chambers"
Camel: "Mirage", "Moonmadness", "The Snow Goose"

Mago De Oz
Tierra Santa
Haemorrage
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Blind Guardian
Freedom Call
Nightwish
Stratovarius
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Cathedral
Iron Maiden

In fact, most of the best Metal bands are from Europe.

Spawnof84 said:
I picked up my first My Dying Bride CD (Songs of darkness words of light) and i must say im really liking this album at first listen i thought it was a bit cheesy but after a while it got better and better. can anyone recommend some others from my dying bride that i should check out????

Like Gods Of The Sun is still my favourite.

Check out Meisterwerk I and Meisterwerk II to get a cross section of what they have done though.

Also, check out "Butterflies" by Diabolique... I would like to hear the opinions of other Katatonia fans to this release (being quite different from the earlier Diabolique releases).

I have often recommended it, but yet to have any feedback.

:lol: In Flames are "American sound?" maybe their later stuff, but their earlier work? no way (it still sucks, but i'm guessing most here would disagree with me there)

anyway:

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse, Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
At The Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Ulver - Bergtatt
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph, Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry, Goat Horns
Burzum - Burzum/Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (vocals take some getting used to)
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Judas Priest - Painkiller

All these bands are pretty melodic, which I think is what you were shooting for.

yes, meperor. Check out "Anthems to the welkins at dusk" and "in the nightside eclipse". IMHO the best albums ever considering black metal

EDIT: offcoarse I ment emperor :tickled:

Windir - Likferd
October Tide - Grey Dawn (OT is a Katatonia sideproject so if you haven't heard it yet you might want to check this out)
October Tide - Rain Without End
Entombed - Wolverine Blues

Actually, pretty much anything by Entombed (although Morning Star is probably "too American" for you).

Ive been searching for some October Tide, but can only find Grey Dawn. If somebody knows where I can buy Rain Without End, please post a link.

They're both long out of print so you're pretty much limited to buying them used (or sometimes new if you're lucky) from eBay or Amazon Marketplace. They're not cheap though. I ended up getting both of mine new from eBay and it cost a pretty penny.

If you do want to buy from eBay the best way to do it is just create a stored search for "Rain Without End" and just wait until someone offers it. And then hope there aren't any people to drive up the price to a ridiculous amount (I've seen them go for as much as $100).

Status
Not open for further replies.