Recomend me some sleep jams.

I love to space out sometimes and like music in the background so does any one have any recomendations, I'm looking for stuff like Type o Neagative, Down II, And anything that'll make most people go to sleep but good shit though not crap, not heavy, or fast, something kinda like Crowbar. If you've ever heard of them Thanks.-RJAIII-

Sounds like you want some doom: http://www.doom-metal.com

Crowbar is about the only doom/stoner/whatever band I've heard that I hate though, and I thought Down II was awful. Type O Negative rules though. Anyhow, cheers.

Hey no problem, but it's not like I contribute to the site, or even found it on my own. ;)

Check out Sunn 0))) ASAP, easy to fall asleep to but the problem is you might never wake up. :D

Ulver - Lyckantropen Themes

That's all you'll need. Seriously.

Honorable mentions:

Sephiroth - Cathedron
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II

madcheese9377 said:
I love to space out sometimes and like music in the background so does any one have any recomendations, I'm looking for stuff like Type o Neagative, Down II, And anything that'll make most people go to sleep but good shit though not crap, not heavy, or fast, something kinda like Crowbar. If you've ever heard of them Thanks.-RJAIII-

There was an adult contemporary station in my city years ago that played 70's "weird" stuff late at night. There is some outstanding 70's music that doesn't get played on the classic music radio stations as they generally play "hits." Don't get me wrong, they played some stuff like Kansas, The Eagles etc. but they would also play some odd prog rock and would sometimes play a whole album. NONE of it was even hard rock, but most everything they played (even the select hits) was atmospheric and strange. They would do everything from "Seasons in the Sun," some obscure tracks from The Wings (Paul McCartney's band) to an obscure Yes song and even softer Rush.
I know you from the oldschool board and know you weren't around in the 70's (no offense there buddy.) I think exploring some of the music from that era would enlighten you. There are some great songs and artists from that era and some of the more obscure stuff has held up well over time.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I know you from the oldschool board and know you weren't around in the 70's (no offense there buddy.) I think exploring some of the music from that era would enlighten you. There are some great songs and artists from that era and some of the more obscure stuff has held up well over time.

Bryant
No offense taken bro' I know what you mean, I wish I was around in the 50s'. There was a lot of good music then too. If most don't know I listen to just about anyhting and don't care what year it came out, unlike people who are into RAP and refuse to listen to most songs that are over a year old.
I still like my Elvis, Beatles, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and many others I can't remember to name, but I can listen to just about anything anyone can, and can't.