RECOMENDATION: Hank Williams III - Straight to Hell

dorian gray said:
Interesting. What kind of instruments are we talking about?
i dunno, your standard geetar, standup bass, fiddle, mandolin

tis true though, i know many a barefooted poncho-wearing longhair at LC that listens to bluegrass in addition to the usual string cheese incident, phish etc

MadeInNewJersey said:
Yonder Mountain is modern bluegrass, aka "slamgrass." They're pretty damned talented actually, I just can't take the hippies, lol
haha, yeah they're a bit hard to swallow but frankly i'm friends with way too many of them to be picky :loco:

and it was a great show really

cthulufhtagn said:
i dunno, your standard geetar, standup bass, fiddle, mandolin

tis true though, i know many a barefooted poncho-wearing longhair at LC that listens to bluegrass in addition to the usual string cheese incident, phish etc
I didn't know this, but I can easily picture it. For some reason, the jam bands that hippies listen to aren't far removed from bluegrass. I don't know why.
I *do* know that I can't stand hippies.

cthulufhtagn said:
haha, yeah they're a bit hard to swallow but frankly i'm friends with way too many of them to be picky :loco:

and it was a great show really

as am I, as am I. most of my friends aren't what I'd call "hippies" though, they're just dudes who listen to jam music

and yes, the Yonder show I saw kicked ass too

MadeInNewJersey said:
swear to god dude, it's like bluegrass on steroids. i was seriously surprised at how fucking FAST they play, really kick up some dust, so to speak
kickass

dorian gray said:
I didn't know this, but I can easily picture it. For some reason, the jam bands that hippies listen to aren't far removed from bluegrass. I don't know why.

actually, most of them are

Yonder is NOT at all typical of "jambands."

dorian gray said:
yeah what little i've heard of stuff like SCI is like a kind of bastard child of the grateful dead and bluegrass' cousin's former roommate

bastard child that got beaten a lot and now they're lame

and emotionally crippled

cthulufhtagn said:
yeah what little i've heard of stuff like SCI is like a kind of bastard child of the grateful dead and bluegrass' cousin's former roommate

bastard child that got beaten a lot and now they're lame

and emotionally crippled

SCI was actually a pretty lame Phish-lite, and then they incorporated a bunch of bluegrass style, and eventually techno-ish type stuff. they're awful anyway, so it really doesn't matter

cthulufhtagn said:
yeah what little i've heard of stuff like SCI is like a kind of bastard child of the grateful dead
Oh man, I can't stand Grateful Dead, Phish, or any band that hippies listen to. No reason I've ever been able to put my finger on, jam music just gives me the creeps.

dorian gray said:
Oh man, I can't stand Grateful Dead, Phish, or any band that hippies listen to. No reason I've ever been able to put my finger on, jam music just gives me the creeps.
:lol: lewis and clark is like your worst nightmare then

i like grateful dead actually, not enough to OMG DUDE DO YOU HAVE THE BOOTLEG FROM THE 4/13/1975 CONCERT THE ONE WHERE THEY DID A 30 MINUTE JAM OF THE BEAR WENT OVER THE MOUNTAIN I'LL TRADE I HAVE A LOCK OF JERRY'S HAIR but you know, enough to own american beauty and listen once in a while

cthulufhtagn said:
:lol: lewis and clark is like your worst nightmare then

i like grateful dead actually, not enough to OMG DUDE DO YOU HAVE THE BOOTLEG FROM THE 4/13/1975 CONCERT THE ONE WHERE THEY DID A 30 MINUTE JAM OF THE BEAR WENT OVER THE MOUNTAIN I'LL TRADE I HAVE A LOCK OF JERRY'S HAIR but you know, enough to own american beauty and listen once in a while

Since Lizard is gone (RIP :erk:) I have no one to get my back, but I have loved the Dead for many a year, almost as long as I've loved metal. I have over 450 shows, but I understand the "to each their own" thing. :)

^^hahahahahahaha Yeah, I grew up near Antioch college which is a bunch of rich hippies who like to pretend they aren't living off their parent's cash. They take pride in being filthy.

ha really, i never knew that about you gugs...450 shows, really

i guess they're all different, but how many have you really gone back to? i mean, you must have so much stuff in your overall music collection you haven't listened to in ten years :tickled:

what did the phish fan say when he ran out of pot?

"this music sucks."