Recommend me a audio interface + monitors

Williamn

Aug 4, 2009
Ireland - Denmark
Hello im new here, have been lurking a bit on this forum as im new to the whole producing thing and really need to build up my knowledge (lots of good reading here ! :kickass:)

Right now im using a podxt, a creative soundcard, normal creative speakers and cubase 5 studio plus a m-audio keystation midi keyboard.

as you can see I don't have any fancy stuff atm, so I thought a good addition to my little home "studio" would be a good audio interface and a pair of real monitors.

So I was wondering if you could share some Recommendations on what to get, I have about 500$ to spendt on a audio interface (give or take a few hundered dollars, not sure how much more expensive it is here in denmark), and somewhere from 500-1000$ on a good quality monitor set.

also if I could record DI with the interface it would be cool, so I can try out the 8505 and stuff like that.

so any tips on what to get? :)

Monitors: Yamaha HS80M
Interface: I don't know how many inputs you need, but I tend to think in 8-pre interfaces, so my thought was M-Audio Profire 2626

These both fit in your budget

hey mate :) sorry to act like this x) but there is an interface FAQ right here... you should check it x) :)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/513601-getting-audiointerface-faq.html

Oh thank you very much, I did some searching before posting.. but I think I searched for audio interface in two words so that topic dident show.

Will check it out :)

Melodeath, I don't think im gonna need that many inputs as the only recording im gonna do is guitar and maybe bass, the rest is handled by midi and vsti plugins atm.

THanks for the suggestion, gonna check the yamaha monitors out :)

So your chance is clear:
Buy a Focusrite Saffire, for 200 bucks you have a very good interface
I wouldn´t waste the money in Yamaha Speakers...I´d buy a pair of Fostex PM1 MKII, for a homestudio you have enough with a 6,5" speaker and they sound really good.
Hope it helps!

Focusrite Saffire + Adam A7

Thats what Im running now and Im quite happy with it.
I am looking to upgrade my interface to maybe a Fireface 800
but we'll see..

Focusrite Saffire + Adam A7

Thats what Im running now and Im quite happy with it.
I am looking to upgrade my interface to maybe a Fireface 800
but we'll see..

Thats the setup im eyeing atm.. infact tomorrow im going to pick up the saffire. :kickass:.
Next month its gonna be the adam A7 if I don't change opinion on what to get before that.

thanks for the suggestions everyone, they have been helpfull.