Recommend me a good portable AC

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
So i know the summer is coming and I need an air conditioner for my control room. Any recommendations of a small portable unit that will keep my room nice and cool :D

My control room is about 12ft x 12ft pretty small but when their is a lot of people in here it gets stuffy really quick, and with the summer heat it gets really uncomfortable to work in. Now since i cant use a window unit i rather have one of those portables AC that can be moved but work very effective like the window AC.... been looking through Amazon but maybe some of u guys have better recommendations, price range of ($200-$400)

It might be more cost effective to check out local places like Lowe's or Home Depot since shipping will probably be expensive. Don't be too hesitant to spring for a more expensive unit. I'm using a $250 LG AC right now. It works well enough, I guess, but it's pretty loud, and it has to run more or less constantly to keep up. I sleep with earplugs. The ~$400 unit I had before that was better in all respects, though I can't remember who made it.

Well at lowes and homedepot they sell the windows AC which is not what im looking for because i dont have a window in my control room.... i can make and exhaust whole somewhere so i rather use a portable AC which i can move but still perform like the window AC....

The standalone units with exhaust tubes are the ones I'm talking about. That's weird if they don't sell those there.