Recommend me some valves! (evil sounding)

Originally posted by leper iffinity
recommend me some cheap evil sounding powerfull valve amps heads....my budget is about £500 which is about $700.

so yeah..give me some ideas

in the UK your best bets are Marshall, Laney or used Peavey. All of which have ben used by opeth at some time.

aUsed 5150 MK1 halfstck is about 500 you can et lucky anc get a MKII for a little more, tho it depends how urgent it is.

The DSL range from marshall is pure brutality, but not for the feint of heart and certianly no bedroom wankers, unless you can crank them to at least 4 on the master at home. The DSL could be out of your range but like i say, shop around and you will get lucky. Opeth have used 800s before as they like the low gain tones, tho an 800 can get burtal just listen to slayer. These are usually about 400-500 for the halfstack if you shop around

The Laney G50 and G100s are excellent and the VH100R was used by opeth for blackwater park, i think. They amybe a little too much but once again, shop around

i recommend looking at www.loot.com and www.diamondfreeads.co.uk

id also recommend you register at www.harmony-central.com and post on those forums cos its very slow here. They also have detailed reviews from countless users on just about every priduct ever made

James