Recommend me some "Wolf like" bands

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
This Wolf album is amazing! Can anyone recommend me some other bands like them? Fangface... Wyvern?

Dunno... Wolf sound kinda "fresh" without being anything original, there are a lot of newer bands still influenced by Iron Maiden and Mercyful Fate, but few of them have that fun factor and "catchiness" brought by Wolf IMO.

The only other band that jumps to my mind is Metal Inquisitor.... kind of. Like you say, Wolf has their own thing going.

How about Tierra Santa early works?
Very (very... I mean very!) Maidenish and fun, and spanish words give it a nice touch.

Metal Inquisitor that's right, very NWOBHM sounding... let's add Metalucifer too then? :)

Fangface said:
How about Tierra Santa early works?
Very (very... I mean very!) Maidenish and fun, and spanish words give it a nice touch.

Metal Inquisitor that's right, very NWOBHM sounding... let's add Metalucifer too then? :)

I've only heard a song or 2 by Tierra Santa, I liked them.

Metalucifer, fuck yeah!!!! :lol: Those guys are great!

Now about Skullview? They're pretty cool. They're not as good as Wolf or Metal Inquisitor but they are worth checking out.

I would put Stormworrior in there with these bands also. While they have a more modern power metal sound they still have that old school feel to them.

hell yeah Skullview are awesome, I even prefer them over Metal Inquisitor or Metalucifer! :headbang:

But I woudn't add StormWarrior to that list, if we stick to young NWOBHM-influenced bands, as these germans are much more influenced by old Helloween, Running Wild and thrash metal.

Agree with Fang, wolf is difficult to categorize is a fresh sound with old basis.

I may venture some names like Black Steel, Mesmerize, Force Of Evil, Dream Evil, Astral Doors, Jaguar (last album). But is only my opinion.