recommend some irish folk music

I

Ivo

yesterday i watched the movie "laws of attraction", anyways, the movie sucked, but there was part of it, where the artists went to ireland and there was some very slow beautiful music going on, with flutes, violins, can you recommend me something like this?

There's this Hungarian band called Bran, they mostly play traditional Irish music too, both instrumental and with vocals, in English or Irish. You can order their cd's online I think and there's downloadable stuff too.

Try some of the harp stuff from Claddagh, though I dunno how you can hear it on their site. I got 2 cds for 15 euros there which are like never before. Or if in doubt, buy the Chieftains collections, you cant go wrong there.

Maqus said:
The singing is like some melodrama.
yeah :p, it was great when shaneo sang on Spancill Hill and Ride On though. Although I think the girl kind of takes from Spancill Hill when they sing together like, should've left shane to it. I'd love a good recording of him doin that song.

Yeah, I absolutelly agree, those are the decent songs on that album, but that majestic thing about Ossian's return is like uiweeeeeeee :lol:

Don Corleone said:
you're listening to the japanese edition of the cure's best of album, eh pete?

excellent one
Yeah I really like the acoustic disc. Was readin bout it on amazon, you know all the user reviews, and loads of people seem to hate the acoustic cd.