Recommendation: Alec Empire - Intelligence And Sacrifice

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
Alec Empire is a German musician, and was pretty much the guy behind Atari Teenage Riot. As I've done before, with the second recommendation I've gone for something a bit different from a lot of the stuff which is talked about on the RC forum. Whether anyone will like it is another matter entirely, but it'll be fun to see. Empire is the progeny of the German rap, then punk, and then rave scene. He's never had anything to do with metal in his life, but I - at least - found it fairly surprising that coming from a rave background you could make something quite as extreme as this. The music is a visceral mix of punk, industrial/hard electronica, rock, politics and noise (has label is called digital hardcore for a reason...). The reason this works for me is that there's the anger, aggression and extremity that makes some forms of metal so fun, but in a totally different sound. It's a great mix of styles and makes such a compelling release that I couldn't resist recommending it here to see the reaction it gets...

B000063T1V.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1. Path of Destruction
2. The Ride
3. Tear It Out
4. Everything Starts with a Fuck
5. Killing Machine
6. Addicted to You
7. Intelligence and Sacrifice
8. Death Favours the Enemy
9. Buried Alive
10. ...And Never Be Found
11. New World Order