Recommendation: Forefather

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
Here's a band I've discovered whilst trawling through the behemoth that is the OneMetal.com pending review queue. Forefather are an English two-piece self-described Anglo-Saxan metal band consisting of brothers Wulfstan (bass, guitar, vocals) and Athelstan (bass, guitar, vocals, keyboards). They've released six albums since their formation in 1997, and their most recent 'Last in the Line' came out just last month. Their influences apparently span from Iron Maiden to Burzum, and while the pair dislike being referred to as black metal, there's definitely a deep vein of it running through their sound. Here's a couple of tracks for you;

The Downfallen:

Shadows of the Dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, dude, sorry! Was just going by this;

These are unofficial recos that have nothing to do with the forthcoming March Madness 2013, or the dedicated weekly stickies. It's silly to think that you can only recommend and discuss music on one's appointed week. Let the gates flood.

Also - goddamnit, late to the party again.

I was just fucking with you, I don't really care. Just seemed like good timing because it's my week.

Not digging this new Forefather, sorry Phil. Their debut is pretty killer though man, haven't listened to it in AGES. This new material sounds like they're fishing for a roster spot on Paganfest 2013, just far too upbeat.
Listen to this Phillip, though I'm sure you're familiar! :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
FOREFATHER 'Steadfast' CD repress out now

hh101.jpg

As per the band and labels wishes, no new artwork, no remastering, no bonustracks. This is pagan metal perfection as it is!

Now available from www.heidenshart.nl and www.seven-kingdoms.com

Listen / buy digital: http://metalhit.bandcamp.com/album/steadfast

And soon 'The fighting man' on vinyl LP, finally! :)

hh104pre.jpg

Forefather 'The fighting man' LP lim. 300

"Hailed by many as their best release, 'The fighting man' was a huge progression after the previous releases and set the style Forefather is or became known for. Their ability to create their trademark hymnic melodies took a huge step and the epic melodies that will remain stuck in your head are well represented in songs like 'For these shores'. The album pioneered with its well written compositions; alternating between fast, energetic riffs with lots of folk melodies and mid-tempo atmospheric black metal with clean vocals almost sounding chanted at times popping up frequently, to a very dynamic whole."

Released as cooperation between Library Of Hellfire Gods Productions, Hexencave Productions and Heidens Hart. Preorders accepted now.