4. Dawn of A New Age
5. Banished From Eternity
6. At the Shadowcross
7. To Kneel is to Suffer
8. Heavenseeker
9. Signs
10. Beyond the Mirror
11. Kings Who Die

Description: Yes, its power metal, so anyone with a phobia of this genre might just want to ignore this. These guys are a fairly new German power metal outfit on LMP records, "Heavenseeker" is there sophmore release. While the music is obviously not groundbreaking, these fellows obviously know what there doing. The guitar work on the album was the first thing that stood out to me, especially the solos. While some bands nowdays get lost in layers of ad-hoc improv sweep soloing, you can hear the defenite craftmanship in the solos themselves and the riffs on this album. Incorporating a violin player and a choir of just about anyone they could throw in a vocal box, the songs often seem to exude a slight folk influence, especially in the ever so epic chorus'. The vocalist uses a steady mid level tone, and backs his voice with alot of power. You wont hear him hitting glass breaking, dog whistle, ear bleeding high notes, but his pitch and key are consistently excellent throughout the album. Overall I think its a damn solid album. Features some guest soloing from Jeff Waters and Curran Murphy of Annihalator as well.

Heard the first track...it's alright. Bits of Angra in there, even a touch of Iced Earth, but you know, well, it's all a bit run of the mill. Nothing against power metal though because there are some essentials from that genre.

hehe it's typical power metal, but it's good. I got quite tired of the genre in the last 2 years, but these guys are pretty entertaining.

I like this album, the DVD that comes with it is entertaining. Seeing Jeff Waters and Curran Murphy on there was cool and the choral group vocals was humorous, but since most of the damn thing is in nother language I had a hard time watching it.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Description: Yes, its power metal, so anyone with a phobia of this genre might just want to ignore this.

I downloaded "Signs" just for shits & giggles, but to my surprise, I didn't hate it. The chorus is pretty catchy in a good way, and the implementation of classical instruments worked out pretty well. Incredibly cheesy song, and not something I'll listen to more than once in a blue moon, but it could've been much worse.

2nd song thoughts: again, decent, they're definitely talented. The guitarist has nice chops and the vocalist is strong (essential for this type of music). The keys are tasteful here and not at all overbearing.

But yet, there's something missing to me.

3rd song thoughts: I think this is my favorite of the 3 songs. I loved the vocal melodies, very VERY catchy. Definitely in the Gamma Ray vein (lots of double-kick drum, big chorus, etc.), I liked this one.