3) Border Into Shadow
4) Bloodletting
5) Spawn of the Abscess (wma)
6) Thawed For Breeding
7) Stygian
8) The Last Incantation
9) Poets Of The Trench
10) Part II

Description : Now sadly split up, Danish quartet Iniqutycame out with some quality death metal throughout their existence, and other than a brief flirt with notoriety that came about as a result of one of their tracks being used for the mildly-infamous 'Growl Karaoke' flash cartoon (available here if you're interested), they remained pretty far under the wider extreme metal radar. Which was a crying shame, since, IMO, Grime is one of the best death metal albums out there. It still gets pretty regular spins in my CD player, due to its pretty seamless blend between labyrinthine compositions, technical riffage, straightforward brutality and memorable songwriting. The standout track for me is 'Spawn Of The Abscess', an epic-length (7:22) track that utilises a variety of moods and tempos while never losing its focus.

When I put them on I wasn't impressed, I didn't hear anything that would make me want to listen to it again. Maybe it is time for another listen....

NOTE:

Since dill_the_devil got delayed, I bumped Doomcifer into week 4 and so swapped them around.

I'm sticking this thread now for week 5, which means this Saturday only Ellestin and En Vind Av Sorg need post their reco's.

haha, I remember the Growl Kaoaorkrde.

Sounds like Aborted but not as fun, but it's pretty decent.

I think the thing about these guys that really piqued my interest was the drumming - I think I remember NAD saying that when you tune out everyone else in Slayer and just listen to Dave Lombardo's drumming, you realise just how fucking incredible the guy really is - well, try doing that while listening to Spawn Of The Abscess. Some of the fills and rolls and patterns Iniquity's drummer comes out with are head-and-shoulders above most anything I've heard, perhaps not in terms of technicality, but just in how smoothly they flow and how far above regular 'blast/tom roll' death metal drumming they are.