recommendation: Ossein - Declination

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
81faa1d8102b66d16b4c01ce0401d06e.jpg

Finest piece of black metal I've heard in a long while, reminds me of the Alcest/Amesoeurs dreampop black metal vibe, some of agalloch's epicness, music of the road and nights beneath the stars, I am also reminded of Clint Mansell's gorgeous The Fountain OST, but it could be for the 3rd track's title. I've been warming on this album for about a month and it feels like a definite growers, lets hear some opinions!

Divinity Was Born Between Blue Wings 12:31
A Foul Sees Not The Same Tree That A Wise Man Sees 12:52
The Road to Awe 32:13

I found the track "The Road to Awe" on their myspace page. Pretty good stuff upon first listen, downloading the jewsendit track as we speak.

http://www.myspace.com/ossein

Edit - Didn't care much for the jewsendit song, I became bored after several minutes. Checking out Clint Mansell instead, so not all is lost.

Edit part deux- So I see he collaborated w/ Kronos Quartet for the nifty Requiem for a Dream OST.

Edit part trois - Holy shnikeys this track from "Smokin Aces" is pretty sweet. http://www.myspace.com/mansellclint

Crimson Death, would you mind uploading some tracks from the soundtrack of The Fountain? This is truly some beautiful stuff. I feel as if I'm dancing on a pillow while being surrounded by a harem of muslim women in see through burkas. The notes are drifting as majestically as a carpet ride through the deserts of Shin Xiou Tsa in Saudi Arabia. I'm almost compelled to go watch that shitty looking movie that accompanies this beautiful track.

Finest piece of black metal I've heard in a long while, reminds me of the Alcest/Amesoeurs dreampop black metal vibe, some of agalloch's epicness, music of the road and nights beneath the stars, I am also reminded of Clint Mansell's gorgeous The Fountain OST, but it could be for the 3rd track's title. I've been warming on this album for about a month and it feels like a definite growers, lets hear some opinions!
Color me intruiged. I'll download when I get home. Thanks for sharing.

I feel as if I'm dancing on a pillow while being surrounded by a harem of muslim women in see through burkas. The notes are drifting as majestically as a carpet ride through the deserts of Shin Xiou Tsa in Saudi Arabia.
That's so lovely, it makes me all tingly in my jiggly bits.

Zod

I downloaded the yousendit track. Pretty boring. Your description is an accurate representation of what it seems they are trying to do, but I don't feel they are pulling it off real well. It felt uninspired to me.

What is their story? I can't access myspace at work so I went to Metal Archives and didn't find them.