so many shows this fall.....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
so here is what I can think of for sept - dec.....lots of shows...lots!!!

Sept 4 - Gama Bomb / Artillery / Bonded By Blood / Fueled By Fire - Reggies
Sept 12 - Kamelot / Delain - Mojoes
Sept 15 - Vader - Reggies
Sept 16 - Borrowed Time / Screamer / Zuul - Red Line Tap
Sept 20 / 21 - Midwest metal Anthem - Bauherhouse
Sept 21 - Anathema / Alcest - Reggies
Sept 21 - Saxon - Mojoes
Sept 21 - Cathedral of the Black Goat Fest - Cafe Lura
Sept 23 - Carcass / Macabre - Reggies
Sept 25 - Vicious Rumors / Seven Witches - Reggies Music Joint stage
Sept 28 - Superchrist / Sauron - Red Line Tap
Sept 30 - Helloween / Ancient Dreams / Lords of the Trident / Divinity Compromized- Mojoes

Oct 1 - Raven / Mpire of Evil / Stone magnum - Reggies
Oct 12 - Sabbat / Scythe / Morbid Saint - Reggies
Oct 15 - Watain / In Solitude - Bottom Lounge
Oct 16 - Hawkwind - Logan Square
Oct 22 - Orange Goblin / Holy Grail - Reggies

Nov 2 - Alehorn of Power - Manila Road / High Spirits / Harbinger / Bible of the Devil / Ancient Dreams - Reggies
Nov 6 - Overkill / Kreator / Warbringer - Mojoes
Nov 15 - Fates Warning / Ion Vein - Mojoes
Nov 17 - Witchtrap / Bones - Reggies
Nov 17 - Morbid Angel - HOB

Dec 26 - Macabre / cardiac Arrest

Aug 17th - Obeisance / Perversion / Nekrofilth / Terminate / Reaper - Ultra Lounge
Aug 24th - Lurking Corpses / Radiation Sickness / Angelust / Lethal Shock - Ultra Lounge
Oct 10th - Mare / Malefices / Sortilegia / Niantiel - Abbey Road Pub

Aug 17th - Obeisance / Perversion / Nekrofilth / Terminate / Reaper - Ultra Lounge
Aug 24th - Lurking Corpses / Radiation Sickness / Angelust / Lethal Shock - Ultra Lounge

hey dummy....see where it says...Sept - dec? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah...august still has Amulance this weekend. They are also playing on the 23rd of August at Bada Brew.

I cant believe Vicious Rumors and Seven Witches are going to be the tiny as joint stage

actually that is the perfect fit for that show. On a wed night in the city with all these other shows....this is an easy miss. Even with the right push this show won't draw much. Rather see it there with a good crowd than on the Rock Club stage in front of 40 people.

Damn. You guys have it made.

Here's what's coming up for me....
Sept. 7 - Armored Saint (ProgPower)
Sept. 8 - Cold Cave
Sept. 9 - Chelsea Wolfe
Sept. 12 - Depeche Mode
Sept. 19 - Destruction Unit
Oct. 5 - Sigur Ros
Oct. 7 - Vicious Rumors/Seven Witches
Oct. 19 - Mare/Sortilegia/Malefices/Niantiel (Chicago)
Oct. 25-27 - Mountain Oasis Festival - NIN, GYBE, etc(Asheville)
Nov. 1 - Watain/In Solitude/Tribulation
Nov. 2 - Watain/In Solitude/Tribulation (Charlotte)
Nov. 7 - Morbid Angel
Dec. 1 - Fates Warning

In Edmonton we have, um, Noctis fest in September and then in October there's a Wintersun gig and that's all I'm aware of.

fuck you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA....I know...we are very very lucky. I didn't include some of the other death metal / folk / local shows either...these are just the ones I know the people who come here would be interested in.

We still have lots of smaller death metal shows, Vital Remains show and a few others in this time frame as well. Still there will be a bunch of other local shows added in to. One thing I will say about living in the city. There is never a lack of things to do.

Nov 17 - Morbid Angel playing all of "Covenant" for the 20th anniversary. I think I'd better go to that one.

LOL - Guess the Marilyn Manson direction didn't go so well for them, eh?

Aside from Queensryche, this is the second worst bigger name band I have ever seen in my life.

Those definitely seem to be the major months. It's funny, it used to be that summer used to have a good amount of shows, but I've noticed the last few years there isn't much.

No, I think its your tastes have changed.
All the mainstream rock and metal bands tour here in the summer, where the underground ones are overseas. They hit here in the fall.

LOL - Guess the Marilyn Manson direction didn't go so well for them, eh?

Aside from Queensryche, this is the second worst bigger name band I have ever seen in my life.

They were TERRIBLE at MDF 2012, but I saw them a few months later at a club show and they were really, really great.

They were TERRIBLE at MDF 2012, but I saw them a few months later at a club show and they were really, really great.

This was like 10 years ago, and I think they had a different singer, maybe?

I just remember they were slow and plodding and the singer between songs kept going, "What the hell Chicago, no one is doing anything????" It was really odd given how big of a band they are / were / etc.....

I gave them a chance, though DM isn't my thing, just based on their foothold in the genre. I was at least expecting to be blown away, but no such luck.