Recommendation: Toroidh - European Trilogy

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
Toroidh-box.jpg

Genre: Dark Ambient, Martial Industrial, Neofolk (varies slightly per album)

So this has been out for awhile, but I just got it in the mail last week. Pretty good stuff to be had in it.

Remastered Editions of all three of Toroidh's albums:

I uploaded a number of tracks to give a wide sampling, but I particularly recommend "Europe Is Dead II"

THOSE WHO DO NOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT
(Genre: mostly dark ambient and martial)

1. Never Again I
2. Never Again II
3. Never Again III
4. Never Again IV
5. Never Again V
6. Never Again VI
7. Never Again VII
8. Never Again VIII
9. Never Again IX

EUROPE IS DEAD
(martial, ambient and neofolk)

1. Europe Is Dead I
2. Europe Is Dead II
3. Europe Is Dead III
4. Europe Is Dead IV
5. Europe Is Dead V
6. Europe Is Dead VI
7. Europe Is Dead VII
8. Europe Is Dead VIII

TESTAMENT
(martial, ambient, and neofolk)

1. Introduktion
2. Testament I
3. Fran Mörkret Stiga Vi
4. Testament II
5. Among Us
6. My Will
7. Liebste Klara
8. Testament III
9. Dr. Weiskopf Lebt
10. Testment IV

Toroidh is the project of Nordvargr, somewhat obscurely known in metal because of his "Goatvargr" collaboration with Goat (USA), and another band of his which is a staple on the Cold Meat Industry roster MZ.412, which released an "industrial black metal" album which is somewhat known in the black metal scene called "Burning The Temple of God", among other efforts. Also see Folkstorm (Swe), self titled ambient project Nordvargr, etc. a fairly prolific individual.

As far as I know, this release is limited to 200 copies.

and for the rest of you who entered this thread mistakenly, here's a link to the episode of Father Ted where Craggy Island thinks that he's a racist.

Video Father Ted - Are You Right There Father

What is Martial?

btw Moose, do you like Procer Veneficus?

Martial is a genre description for incorporating militaristic drumming and themes into the music.

as for Procer Veneficus, I haven't actually heard their music, but I've heard of them. They have some releases on God is Myth records, right?

MajestikMøøse;5772034 said:
Martial is a genre description for incorporating militaristic drumming and themes into the music.

as for Procer Veneficus, I haven't actually heard their music, but I've heard of them. They have some releases on God is Myth records, right?

Yes Procer Veneficus is on God is Myth, and I enjoy his latest album and EP. The "cover" of Velvet Cacoon is ace.