Recommendation: Urfaust - Geist ist Teufel

Man, I'm really conflicted on this. I really like the music and clean vocals of the first uploaded song, but I'm kind of turned off by the pitch of the extreme vocals, which is unusual because I enjoy the vocals of Burzum, early In the Woods..., Fleurety, Drottnar, etc. I'm not a huge fan of the jig-like vibe I'm getting from the second uploaded song. Overall, though, an interesting reco that I'll be revisiting later on.

Claws of Perdition said:
I just can't get into it aye, the vocals just dont agree with me and well i dont like it..

Haha I remember you hating this when I first bought it.
Then again, you didn't like DsO back then either, maybe time will change your mind.

This is actually fucking great and the only recommendation I've listened to so far (not counting the ones I've already heard), though I've downloaded a couple of others. I'll definitely be buying this at some point. Feel free to post tracks of related bands.

Not sure what to make of this reco. After the third listen I still think the singing on track two is too jolly in a beer-guzzling Finntrollish kind of way. Track one is better but the voclas are a bit too high in the mix, hm hm

Erik said:
this is the best recommendation yet

you don't happen to have anything off the 2nd album that you can post? i might order both of them if they're both cool
and yeah, i didn't order both of them, but i bought both of them at party-san

this is the first recommendation that's made me go from "never heard this band" to "bought all their albums as soon as i saw them", thanxxx

haven't heard this since it was first posted but i can still remember the awesome atmosphere and vocals of the song i listened to! anywhere decent to pick this up?