Recommendations?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you are looking for the Dark Genesis box set. Theendrecords.com has it for 37 (US). Pretty cheap,and free shipping. So, take your pick. My favorite though is "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Originally posted by Necros
This is easy choice for me, best CD is:
-days of purgatory

After that if you want more get:
-burnt offerings
-horror show

I picked up Days of Purgatory & Burnt Offerings. Thanks for the suggestions to all
:headbang:

A couple more things>>>

Live in Athens a good live disc?

The remasters any good?
Or is it better to hunt down some good used copies?

Alive in Athens is good i think... i´ve only heard one song of it and it killed me... that´s the only IE CD that I don´t have...

what is it with the Greeks?!( or the Grecians as Bush said :) )

well I don´t have the MelancholyEP either but I´ve heard the songs; Shooting star is OK and the Ripper is good and Electric funeral adequate ( in my opinion it is a rather useless release...)

The remasters... you mean days of purgatory?
yes very good but I didn´t see the point in remastering the tracks from Burnt Offerings

or you meant Dark Genesis? I would buy it ..

Originally posted by Djöfull
Alive in Athens is good i think... i´ve only heard one song of it and it killed me... that´s the only IE CD that I don´t have...

what is it with the Greeks?!( or the Grecians as Bush said :) )

well I don´t have the MelancholyEP either but I´ve heard the songs; Shooting star is OK and the Ripper is good and Electric funeral adequate ( in my opinion it is a rather useless release...)

The remasters... you mean days of purgatory?
yes very good but I didn´t see the point in remastering the tracks from Burnt Offerings

or you meant Dark Genesis? I would buy it ..

I meant any or all of their stuff that has been remastered?
Any difference? I know I come cross some of their stuff used from time to time, but it hasn't been any of the remstaered stuff.....

I wuld recommend everything by the band eventually but next up get Something Wicked This Way Comes and Night Of The Stormrider.

Alive in Athens is great.

The remasters are worth getting. They have remasters out for Iced Earth, Night Of The Stormrider, and Burnt Offerings. The sound quality is much better and they have new kick ass cover art. Definetly go for them.

Also keep in mind that Iced Earth has a new album coming out later this year called "The Glorious Burden".

If you like Iced Earth I suggest checking out Blind Guardian and Demons and Wizards. Demons and Wizards is a band consisting of Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian and John Schaffer from Iced Earth. Together they make a killer team. Blind Guardian is also just a great band you might enjoy if you like Iced Earth.

Originally posted by SoulVomitor
Get the boxed set, that's what I did. Only $52 (USA)

You paid $52? Damn, I only paid $28. Any way, get Days Of Purgatory. Try to find the 2 disc version on ebay. It's basically the old songs but with Matt on vox. I think some of the guitar work was touched up as well. After you get that, then get the Dark Genesis box set and the Alive In Athens 3cd set.

My first IE experiance was listening to alive in athens triple cd. It's one of my fave live album and is very well produced.
As far as studio album goes, it depends on you favorite style...

Burnt offerings is the most brutal with loads of growls, the first two are more trash, and the later 3 are a bit more simple, melodic, with awesome ballad (Question of Heaven)
I like them all.
Definately Dark Genesis is a must have!