Recommended Desser

Seriously? I love Line6 effects, but IMO their deessers are 100% crap. Never got anything even remotely usable from that thing. It colors the entire signal!

Yeah I dunno, works fine for me. RDeEsser is the other one I use if the L6 one can't do it.

I think the choice of the right de-esser for the particular case is very important on the contrary, as it processes in a very unnatural way the most important instrument of your mix: the vocals. A bad de-esser will make your singer sound like Sylvester the cat (anyone else noticed how this happened a lot in quite a few of the Fredman productions of the 90's?) even if set right. Now I agree, at the end of the day it's just another tool, but... Oh, and not everyone have Pro Tools to use the included plugins (almost all Cubase stock plugins sucked for what I remember) so it's good to know the other alternatives.
I have to agree with what Fab says in the video at some point: it may be a very small difference, or very subtle, but that's what makes the difference between a demo and a record.

LeSedna said:
Too bad the site is commercial, I won't pay 10$ a video even if the videos are good.
They will put up a subscription thing in a couple of months (when more videos will be online), I'm definitely gonna take that then.

I think the choice of the right de-esser for the particular case is very important on the contrary, as it processes in a very unnatural way the most important instrument of your mix: the vocals. A bad de-esser will make your singer sound like Sylvester the cat (anyone else noticed how this happened a lot in quite a few of the Fredman productions of the 90's?) even if set right. Now I agree, at the end of the day it's just another tool, but... Oh, and not everyone have Pro Tools to use the included plugins (almost all Cubase stock plugins sucked for what I remember) so it's good to know the other alternatives.
I have to agree with what Fab says in the video at some point: it may be a very small difference, or very subtle, but that's what makes the difference between a demo and a record.

They will put up a subscription thing in a couple of months (when more videos will be online), I'm definitely gonna take that then.

Do you know how much it would cost ? If the videos are that pleasant to watch it may be worth it. I often find that watching good quality videos on a subject you know already well can learn you something you never thought about, would it be a specific use of a plugin or a tip.

BTW I love the way he says Renaissance. It's like RRrrenaissance with a french beginning of the word and the end sounding english :lol:

Yeah I think so, and he makes the video entertaining without making it a clown show. I love the humour here and there.

Like in the FAQ : "Safari and Chrome use html5 so you can click wherever you want in the timeline and get there without waiting... worth to think about if your are watching a long one and want to skip the first 30 minutes...(That's what she said)"

Sometimes I use the de esser of the voxformer, sometimes the spl de esser ( a stock plug in in my nuendo 4 )...I tend to not use de essing if I could.