Recommended folkmetal

Fejd is amongst the best music I've ever heard, why they don't have a record deal is beyond me. I remember that I too found his pronunciation a bit funny when first I heard them, but now adays I'm so used to it that it sounds just normal to me.

Carline said:
I recommend Àsmegin , Tyr, Månegarm and Gåte.
Check out www.trolleve.com here it`s a list of folk/viking bands.

Yeah- Gate (can't write that scandinavian "a", sorry...) are absolutely brilliant!!! I'm listening to them a lot these days, great music- folk, prog and modern heavy music in an extremly interesting combination and a great singer! To me, the perfect music for late winter/ early spring... :)

Cis said:
Yeah- Gate (can't write that scandinavian "a", sorry...) are absolutely brilliant!!! I'm listening to them a lot these days, great music- folk, prog and modern heavy music in an extremly interesting combination and a great singer! To me, the perfect music for late winter/ early spring... :)

I was supose to be on a consert at a local scene with Gåte but no I didn`t have enough money for the entrance... :hotjump:
It was my younger brother that told me about that band, I had heard about it but I lost interest when I saw they where on top-list over pop music..
I told that to my brother and he said - noooooooooooooo... Come here listen to it..
I just fell in love with their music..

Anyway... If you can`t write these scandinavian letters æ - ø - å you can use other letters like
æ - ae
ø - o
å - aa
Before we got æ - ø - å in our writing language we used those letters instead.

I must be the only folkmusic/folkmetal fantast who doesen't like Gåte. I have both their records and the music is just boring in my ears... I saw the live @ the Roskilde Festival sometime (2002? 2003?) and they were not very good live either...
Someone, please tell what this band has that makes them so good!

Draugen said:
I must be the only folkmusic/folkmetal fantast who doesen't like Gåte. I have both their records and the music is just boring in my ears... I saw the live @ the Roskilde Festival sometime (2002? 2003?) and they were not very good live either...
Someone, please tell what this band has that makes them so good!

Well I don't like them either, though I have to admit I haven't heard much of their material, but a few songs actually felt enough to settle my mind; it all felt pretty dull and vapid.
Anyone else besides me who likes Triakel ? Check out the samples on their page if you people haven't, they play swedish folk music in its most traditional form; vocals, violin and organ and nothing else :)

spaffe said:
Well I don't like them either, though I have to admit I haven't heard much of their material, but a few songs actually felt enough to settle my mind; it all felt pretty dull and vapid.
Anyone else besides me who likes Triakel ? Check out the samples on their page if you people haven't, they play swedish folk music in its most traditional form; vocals, violin and organ and nothing else :)

Yeah, I find Triakel quite entertaining

I have always been in search for dutch metal cause I have neverever seen(heart) anything like this, thanks! :D

edit: oh, I saw you are the guitarist of that band. rock on! ;)