RECORD COMPANIES SHIPPING ADRRESSES

drunkard

Like Sin Explode
May 18, 2007
Greece
www.myspace.com
Hallo everyone.Our cd just arrived home and we are about to start looking for a label.Can any of you recommend some that think or know they are cool?We play thrash-death metal(www.myspace.com/drunkardband).Which of you have bands signed on a record company?What should we be careful?Also does any of you have a file with shipping adresses?Of course we will include him in our thanks list and we will worship him for centuries to come.:lol:

:headbang:

you can find the addresses to most labels right off their site...How about doing some legwork of your own rather than asking for the handout here?

*not hating, just stating* ;)

Seems like someone's taken the time to list a lot of companies out, so your arguement was negligible before you even put it forward.

the addresses are true on their site.But you did it cross your mind that WE DONT know the names of the labels?

Did it cross your mind to see what record labels are on your favourite cd's? There might be something I'm missing here, but by looking at my cd collection, I can name a shitload of labels.

Did it cross your mind to see what record labels are on your favourite cd's? There might be something I'm missing here, but by looking at my cd collection, I can name a shitload of labels.

+1

Threads like these always make me wonder what label would sign a band who didn't/wouldn't/doesn't even put forth the effort to find labels they should send to themselves. Sorry to rant, just seems odd to me.

+1

Threads like these always make me wonder what label would sign a band who didn't/wouldn't/doesn't even put forth the effort to find labels they should send to themselves. Sorry to rant, just seems odd to me.

I dont get it.We have many addresses that we searched ourselves.I just asked for some furthermore.And plz if you think its not normal to ask for a little help after we paid the whole album by ourselves,we traveled from greece to poland to record it and paid all the artwork then the least I can say is that maybe you never have done something similar.And I just asked for some labels that you know that are good and your experiences .There is no need make thinks more complicated.Thanks anyone who was kind enough to help us

Most of the bands I have worked with on labels got picked up because the label found out about them.......

Labels will want to see how many people you can prospectively sell CD's and merch etc too. If you are doing that stuff well and gigging/promoting a lot, I'm sure the labels will find you.

Most of the bands I have worked with on labels got picked up because the label found out about them.......

Labels will want to see how many people you can prospectively sell CD's and merch etc too. If you are doing that stuff well and gigging/promoting a lot, I'm sure the labels will find you.

Thank you very much friend.Dont you think that the fact we are from Greece will be negative?I mean we should try and get some European shows right?

None of this is aimed at you personally, its just general observations of mine. Any label that signs you won't do it purely based off your music. You have to show to them that you can sell stuff. As soon as hype is generated about your band and you have fans showing in an active interest in your stuff can you be seriously looking for a deal.

Ever wonder how some of those awful bands get signed? Its because they have people interested in their stuff, and the label isn't going think "this band is no good", they are going to think "this band is going to sell CD's and if we market it right we can have a cut of that".

None of this is aimed at you personally, its just general observations of mine. Any label that signs you won't do it purely based off your music. You have to show to them that you can sell stuff. As soon as hype is generated about your band and you have fans showing in an active interest in your stuff can you be seriously looking for a deal.

Ever wonder how some of those awful bands get signed? Its because they have people interested in their stuff, and the label isn't going think "this band is no good", they are going to think "this band is going to sell CD's and if we market it right we can have a cut of that".

Man I always wonder that.But what I wonder most is why people(listeners)are interested on the first place for this bands?I meaan there are manny shity bands like you said but people buy their albums and shirts.I mean,is marketing so unfair?

also check www.myspace.com/drunkardband

tell me what you think:kickass: