Record Sales

I think it's more likely that digital sales of the whole ALBUM counts as a record, but buying individual songs (even if you eventually buy all of them) doesn't.

This is actually true. If you buy the entire album at iTunes for example, then that sale is reported to Soundscan as a digital album sold. A single track is another thing though, since that track is only reported as a single track sold.

I can't speak for other labels, but we do include digital sales as album sales in statements etc. I don't see the point why they shouldn't be included really.

And I also want to add that as long as there's enough people that buy physical copies [cd, vinyl] those products will be available, at least in the metal scene.

[/QUOTE] And I also want to add that as long as there's enough people that buy physical copies [cd, vinyl] those products will be available, at least in the metal scene.[/QUOTE]

Amen to That!!!!!:hotjump:

And I also want to add that as long as there's enough people that buy physical copies [cd, vinyl] those products will be available, at least in the metal scene.

I hope they stop selling CDs for pop artists, and the sales plummet. That was be the best thing to ever happen in my lifetime. :devil:

Apparently I was worth ignoring in this thread :erk:

Not really. It made for great discussion!